A/B switcher boxes

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ted Witcher, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

Looking to use as a mute pedal, first in line... but I don't want to power it. Does anyone make a mechanical on/off "light"? Is there such a thing?

2. sub rosa

sub rosa Member

Do you use a pedal tuner?

3. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

Uh......huh?

4. el profe

el profe Member

I had a Loooper A/B that I powered with a 9v and that battery seemed to last forever- it's only powering the LED. You could make yerself an A/B with a small LED and just power it with a 9v battery- at the very least if the battery crapped out, the switch would still work. And it would only cost you about $20 in parts. I'm not sure what you mean about a mechanical on/off light.:dunno

5. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

Meaning the indicator is not an LED, a colored bit of plastic switches in and out depending upon status. I know I've seen these before.

6. mobis8

mobis8 Member

Do you mean phantom powered or something? If I understand you want an A/B box to mute your signal, with a light to tell you when it is off/on, but don't want it to require a power source to run the light? Is that correct?

7. mobis8

mobis8 Member

Oh... I saw a previous post where someone made a kill switch sort of like what you are describing. Let me see if I can find it.

edit...
    Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=495160&highlight=kill+switch