A band or performer whom YOU dig who your significant other hates ?

frijoleghost

Supporting Member
my spouse, a non-musician, nonetheless has an incredible ear for music...she is a popster all the way and doesn't really care for harder rock, or blues, or bob dylan, etc... it just doesn't sound good to her if it doesn't touch her pop sensibility....
her ear blows my mind though...she will hear something and within seconds say: "that sounds like __________"...and just nail a deep comparison between artists...

Bluedano1

My wife ( now of 38 years!)
over the years has gone to much more mellower acoustic music/folk/bluegrass ( all of which I play/gig) but doesn't seem to dig harder rock music we both used to like in the late '70's....We still love R&R and blues.

Two groups that I love that she has ALWAYS hated:
ELO
The Beach Boys

* how do we stay married?
( answer: mutual love for Dylan, GD, Neil Young, and John Prine!)

Scordare

David Bowie.. my girlfriend hates him.. but of course, we all know his musical genius.. I listen to him on my own time..choose your battles!

tone4days

Allan Holdsworth and Michael Brecker

But she was a good sport and went with me to see both of them live

Mark White

We share a home office and I get to choose the music during the day, and I think she's pretty tolerant of some of the weird stuff I play. The last thing she had to ask me to change was Greta Van Fleet because of screechy vocals on Edge Of Darkness.

On the other hand, she has gone through phases of listening to swing (which makes my skin crawl), and Kenny G (which is Kenny G) and I feel compelled to suffer in silence because she so rarely complains about my choices. Right now she's on a Guardians Of The Galaxy soundtrack binge, which is perfectly fine :)

SigXer

It would be easier to list the few artists that we both appreciate than it would be to list all the ones I love and she can't stand. We have very different musical tastes.

Lucidology

The last lady I lived with... A huge fan of music.. She was a featured choir singer in college ...Had big ears ... actually asked me to please not play specific musicians while she was home ...
Alan Holdsworth was definitely one of them ...

NorCal_Val

I’ll keep the list brief;
Frank Zappa
(Old)Metallica
Fear Factory
Strapping Young Lad
Bolt Thrower
Helmet
Blind Idiot God
Slayer
Meshuggah

tnvol

Ufologist
Seether. It's her favorite band and I have to go see them every time they come here.

sonhenry

Rush. Which is cool, because if I wanna be left alone I just crank up 2112 in the shop- nap time!

Wino67

Supporting Member
I've dragged my wife to probably a dozen Black Crowes shows. I always chuckle when recalling her at the last one she attended saying, "The next time you buy tickets to see theses guys, don't feel like you need to buy me one."

Trending Topics