A BIG shoutout to Dustin @ DCW Pedals!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by amdowell, Feb 28, 2015.

1. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

Awhile back I started a thread about a "moral dilemma" with a builder/friend who kind of did me an enormous disservice with a custom overdrive I purchased from said builder. To paraphrase, sent said pedal in several times with it never being fixed. Dustin offered, generously, to take a look at it for me.

Dustin went above and beyond. He found the problem damn near immediately and hooked me up with a killer overdrive that far exceeded my expectations. I took gut shots for before and after and his quality of work is just beautiful. If you guys haven't checked out his stuff, I really suggest you do. I'm not affiliated with DCW Pedals, I just wanted to let everyone know what a seriously great guy Dustin is and what incredible work he does. Thanks again, Dustin! I'll never forget your generosity!

2. Snare227

Snare227 Vendor

Appreciate the kind words! Thanks for the shoutout!

3. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

I've been wanting to try the Mountain Lion and Zaz Drive FOREVER. They seem like they would both be right up my alley.

The Sunshine Overdrive sounds like it's gonna be nifty too.

4. superdave2001

superdave2001 Supporting Member

I can vouch for Dustin too. He spent (maybe too much) time with me via email determining my drive needs and steered me to the ZAZ Drive. I couldn't be happier with it, and the experience.

5. Snare227

Snare227 Vendor

Thanks SuperDave!

6. Meals

Meals Member

I've wanted The Hands of Time for so long...

7. Snare227

Snare227 Vendor

Meals we can make that happen! :)

8. Beast1972

Beast1972 Member

Just got a new ZAZ drive from Dustin, the second one I've owned so far. I foolishly sold my first one to a friend a few months ago, and desperately wanted it back. VERY sweet pedal. Along with my Eternity Kanji it's the only other OD on my board right now. Dustin has been awesome to work with, and always will do the "right thing" for his customers. If you haven't tried one of his pedals or other accessories you're missing out...

9. gillibi

gillibi Member

It's a Dustin love fest up in here. Dustin is the man! Great dude, great products

10. xrcdan

xrcdan Member

got the zaz and jam ray,nice sounding pedals at a great price

11. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

Just a quick update: I've been using the overdrive Dustin built for me A LOT. By itself, it's just a great sounding drive pedal. Perfect for just about any style throughout its gain range. Boosting my dirty channel it has become my go-to knocking my sparkle drive down a notch. I have a couple different chips and am thinking of trying them since it is socketed. Did I mention how gorgeous the guts are, btw? Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Dustin again!