A.C. Rev debut album has dropped!

Discussion in 'Artist Spotlight' started by Jakeboy, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Member

https://acrev.hearnow.com/

My new collaborative project is called A.C. Rev and we’re were fortunate enough to get featured on KLOS in LA on the Stay or Go Show. It is also currently on Bandcamp and will hit ITunes, Amazon, etc. later this week.

I am really happy with how this project turned out. Aaron Campbell of Rumpel Pickups is AC and I am the Rev. We did it all, including engineering, mixing, & mastering.

Late 50s/early 60s pre-invasion rock and roll. The 2018 album will be more 70s rock.

Let me know what you think.

2. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Sounds cool. Did the Hamer Newport in your Avatar make it on the recording?

Jakeboy likes this.
  3. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Member

Oh yes! The Newport and my Hamer Artist Korina With Rumpeltrons were all over the album...they were my main Guitars. I have a Strat on one track, a Tele type on one track, and a Peavey Firenza loaded with Firebird pickups on 2 tracks...oh, and my Shishkov Ultimate on one track.

The Newport is most prominent on Cold Beer Here, Package Store Blues, and Hot Rod Mama.

4. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Sounds great. I have an early Newport from 1999. It is a great instrument. I had a whole bunch of Hamers, but only the Newport and Monaco remain.

Jakeboy likes this.
  5. noley

noley Member

This is a fun album! Lots of energy and the guitars are solid from start to finish.

Good Luck with it, I hope it does well.

n.

Jakeboy likes this.
  6. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Member

Thanks Noley! The idea was fun, Old-school RNR with energy that makes the booty swing, ya know?
    We are in the midst of our 2018 album which will be a harder rocking 70s type production.

I loved writing and recording Hit The Gas, Baby!

Thanks again for the kind words!

Brian, I am in the midst of changing pickups in the Newport to something a little less hot. Rumpelstiltskin Archers....tall wide single coils with pole mags. The bridge sounds awesome and Aaron at Rumpel is winding the neck for me now.

7. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Sounds like a cool pickup choice. I'm happy with the stock Phat Cats in the Newport. I put TV Jones Classics in the Monaco years ago and love it with those. It adds a bit of the Gretsch high mid grunt to the mix that I like.

Jakeboy likes this.
  8. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Member

YES! I put Trons in my Korina Artist and man those just growl! I really like them.

I liked the Cats in the Newport but I had one Archer and that pickup has just killed in 3 guitars....I had it in the bridge of my Strat and lived it, but went back to a S/S/S configuration...I love it in the Newport. I cannot wait for the neck pup to arrive.