A Celtic Nylon hard drive find!

A Celtic Nylon hard drive find...

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6302160&q=hi

Oh what a joy it is to find an old tune on your hard drive you had completely forgotten about! I think this was bound for the first Hectic Watermelon album, but I think I just completely forgot about it or something because I really like it. Duh! Anyway, I think I’m going to re-learn and put it on the new album I’m starting to work on now. I can tell I recorded this with my cheap-O Cordoba flamenco nylon, so I look forward to hearing it with a nicer guitar and the Pacifica mic pres.

I call this Little Lovelies after my two beautiful children who bless my life. Now I have to figure out how to play this again!

L

Leucadian

...wonderful tune John! Please put that one on the next album! I love that quick descending part...reminded me of Ralph Towner in some places...

...maybe the SBOD was hiding the tune from you!:crazy

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Wow John ..
Sounds like you could also do solo act in such a way ...
Celtic indeed ...!!

...wonderful tune John! Please put that one on the next album! I love that quick descending part...reminded me of Ralph Towner in some places...

...maybe the SBOD was hiding the tune from you!:crazy

Thanks John, I'll very likely put it on there. I need material! I really love all Ralph's work I've heard by the way. The only solo CD I have from him is ANA on ECM. It is really contemplative...almost brooding...but beautiful and somewhat cinemegraphic.

Yes, the SBOD is evil! :mad:

Wow John ..
Sounds like you could also do solo act in such a way ...
Celtic indeed ...!!

I've done my share of acoustic solo gigs in the day. I actually got back into serious playing that way when I was in and out in Hawaii for about a year in the mid 90s. Good coffee, good waves, good times! :AOK

Rid

Got three kids myself...I can hear that feel there for sure:)
Extremely cool piece of music!

GP_Hawk

Always fun finding hidden gems you long forgot about. Definately worth a release on your next one

Beautiful Celtic feel John. Nice to hear a different side of your playing..you are a monster:worried

Always fun finding hidden gems you long forgot about. Definately worth a release on your next one

Beautiful Celtic feel John. Nice to hear a different side of your playing..you are a monster:worried

Thank you very much GP Hawk,

I really enjoy playing nylon when I've had time to get my technique together, but I'll tel ya, the nylon chops are in the gutter right now! But thanks.

Tri7/5

Thank you very much GP Hawk,

I really enjoy playing nylon when I've had time to get my technique together, but I'll tel ya, the nylon chops are in the gutter right now! But thanks.

I hear ya... but if one of my good days on nylon was your day in the gutter judging by that clip I'd take it everytime.

I think what I meant to say was that this recording sounds like a B- to me in terms of technique (not terrible), but I like the composition so it's fine for a demo. But today, my nylon technique is pretty shabby after not doing much with it for the past several months.

Keep pumping nylon! :dude

Tri7/5

What happened to this song? Get a missing song link...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom