A cool interview w/ Robben Ford at Andertons / March '16

old crow

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a little late to the party, but found it interesting how he's using fewer
and sometimes no pedals....and it sounds great..
I wish Mike Stern would take note.

saxophonist56

Silver Supporting Member
he's like severinsen on trumpet.....always tinkering with different instruments. eg bakers , then some other brand then back to gibsons severinsen went from getzen to conn to bel canto to destino to shires.....

Sean French

Can't wait to hear some live clips with his new LP. Funny that he said the LP is the perfect guitar. They are just too heavy for him.
Always dug his sound with Larry Carlton's '57 LP that he played a lot for a couple of years.

The Captain

Can't wait to hear some live clips with his new LP. Funny that he said the LP is the perfect guitar. They are just too heavy for him.
Always dug his sound with Larry Carlton's '57 LP that he played a lot for a couple of years.
Boy needs to get up to date with the shredder/lifter crowd, the his LP will feel light.
All the fast boys work out. Looks like he needs a good steak. I watched this a few weeks ago. It's an insight into the gentle sensitive nature of this man, which explains a lot of the anecdotes about his stage rules etc.

Sean French

I watched this a few weeks ago. It's an insight into the gentle sensitive nature of this man, which explains a lot of the anecdotes about his stage rules etc.
I've seen him live three times. Saw the Blue Line, Mystic Mile and finally in '07 at a small club in Austin.
Robben surely doesn't like his photo taken.
I met him after the Austin show. Shook his hand an we chatted for a minute. He was very pleasant. That is until I asked for a photo with him. He simply said "no thanks". :roll

smv929

I've got to see him a few times and twice I stood in line to have him sign something and shake his hand. He never seemed to like that experience. So this last time at the Guitar Army show a few months ago, I thought I'd go minimal. I decided to not ask him to sign anything or even reach out to shake his hand. He'll love me and want to talk for 15 minutes!!! So I got my turn. I had my arms folded, as I did all the talking. I spoke a couple of sentences about how much I've been a fan since way back and how much I appreciate his music and have learned from him. He just smiled big, looking at me in the eye, keeping his hands in his pocket, and said thanks. It took 30 seconds. I kinda felt like he thought I was an idiot, but that's probably not the case. He gets's the "I love you, man!" stuff every day, many times a day and is tired of it I'm sure. Oh well.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I've seen him live three times. Saw the Blue Line, Mystic Mile and finally in '07 at a small club in Austin.
Robben surely doesn't like his photo taken.
I met him after the Austin show. Shook his hand an we chatted for a minute. He was very pleasant. That is until I asked for a photo with him. He simply said "no thanks". :roll
I've got to see him a few times and twice I stood in line to have him sign something and shake his hand. He never seemed to like that experience. So this last time at the Guitar Army show a few months ago, I thought I'd go minimal. I decided to not ask him to sign anything or even reach out to shake his hand. He'll love me and want to talk for 15 minutes!!! So I got my turn. I had my arms folded, as I did all the talking. I spoke a couple of sentences about how much I've been a fan since way back and how much I appreciate his music and have learned from him. He just smiled big, looking at me in the eye, keeping his hands in his pocket, and said thanks. It took 30 seconds. I kinda felt like he thought I was an idiot, but that's probably not the case. He gets's the "I love you, man!" stuff every day, many times a day and is tired of it I'm sure. Oh well.
I think he's just genuinely a shy guy, and perhaps just struggles with all that interaction stuff.

Babaroo

Boy needs to get up to date with the shredder/lifter crowd, the his LP will feel light.
All the fast boys work out. Looks like he needs a good steak. I watched this a few weeks ago. It's an insight into the gentle sensitive nature of this man, which explains a lot of the anecdotes about his stage rules etc.
What are his stage rules? Hadn't heard those stories.

Trending Topics