• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

A couple of xavier xv-500 questions

JWK

I've managed to come off my Epiphone GAS and was thinking of taking on a project guitar that was more cost effective. Enter the Xavier XV-500.

For those of you who own or have owned one:

1. How is the body shape different from a Gibson LP?

2. They advertise being between 8.0 and 8.5 lbs. I'm thinkng they're chambered, thinner in the body or both. Anyone know? If they are thinner, anyone know the thickness at the edge?

I might be worth the $300 for a beater until I find a guitar I really like. Thanks for any info.

VanR

If you are worried about the weight as I also am then check out the XV-700. Thinner version of an LP.
From what I hear be prepared to replace the tuners.

Funkwire

I've managed to come off my Epiphone GAS and was thinking of taking on a project guitar that was more cost effective. Enter the Xavier XV-500.

For those of you who own or have owned one:

1. How is the body shape different from a Gibson LP?

Aside from the pointed cutaway, pretty identical as far as I can tell.

2. They advertise being between 8.0 and 8.5 lbs. I'm thinkng they're chambered, thinner in the body or both. Anyone know? If they are thinner, anyone know the thickness at the edge?

They aren't chambered. Mine weighs 8.5 pounds. They are the same thickness--again, as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten out a set of calipers or anything like that..

I might be worth the $300 for a beater until I find a guitar I really like. Thanks for any info.
They are well worth the money, IMO. VanR is right, you will have to replace the tuners. Here's my XV-500 and the Epi Gold Top I mentioned in your Epi LP Custom thread (in addition to the tuners, I've changed the bridge, tailpiece, and knobs):

Trending Topics