1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

A couple sound clips

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by bbarnard, Sep 30, 2005.

1. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

I did a couple takes on the Carlton slow blues backing track that was up a little while ago (Just An Excuse was the name of the backing track, I can't remember/find who posted it) but have no where to host it.

Edited to add:
    Thanks to tonefreak for hosting these.

2. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I will... PM me!! I will give you instructions!

3. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Actually, I'll PM you!

4. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

Okay thanks to tonefreak for hosting these. Like I said these were using the Carlton backing track that someone posted a little while ago.

Please be gentle. This is my first time putting stuff out in public for the whole world to see (well besides playing locally around town - hardly the entire internet world).

This is a very rough tracking. No real mastering just a bounce of the lead track onto the backing.

Two takes on it. Each was a "play it all the way through without overdubs" just to see how it sounded.

Any feedback (other than you suck) greatly appreciated.

Take one.

www.theloungechair.com/music/JustAnExcuse1.mp3

Take two

www.theloungechair.com/music/JustAnExcuse2.mp3

5. Bix

Bix Member

Very tasteful. Nice job.

Bix

6. journo

journo Member

Hi Bbarnard,

I remember how nervous I was the first time I posted here. Now posting here is one of my favourite things to do.

You have no reason to be nervous however. Both takes are good but I personally liked your first take the best. Fatter tone and more decisive playing.

I'm looking forward to your next post.

Cheers,

Mats N

7. lhallam

lhallam Member

Nice feel. I like the way you approach the bends. The musicans from Huguenot would all want you in their band.

8. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

Yeah well there are some monster players here. I like the first one best too. I find that my playing tends to be best on the first take because I'm just playing instead of analyzing what I could have done different/better.

lhallam - Thanks for the inside aside. They'd be asking me after you turned them down. ;^)

9. Normster

Normster Member

Really nice take on both tracks. I can't say I preferred one over the other, though. The first was certainly a bit more aggressive, but I really enjoyed the lazy feel of the second as well.:dude

10. scottl

scottl Member

Great clips and welcome to posting. Lots of great stuff in both of the takes. One may have the edge for me, but both rocked....err bluesed.

I do believe I love this backing and will be needing to do a take at some point....

Scott