• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

A delightful Dumble failure...

Normster

I ripped the Dumble board out of my Pignose G60VR and popped in a much tamer version (including a reverb circuit). It still doesn't even vaguely resemble Robben Ford's tone, but I'm totally diggin' it as my new BLUES machine!:dude

Short Blues clip with "re-modded" Pignose
Stock Strat, neck pickup, dead strings...and a touch of delay.

Normster

Originally posted by cpokay
Normster -- What "DUmble" board? I musta missed that thread - did Dumble provide the guts for the Pignose g60VR?

Nice clip, by the way - are those the stock tubes?

Chris
Nah, Dumble would never stoop to selling boards to hacks like me. ;) More specifically, it was a "clone" board that threw together from pics and schematics. It was my first attempt and turned out pretty messy:

I took my time when I built Loren's Bassman (also a Dumble clone):

Anyway, I used the same board layout for my second go at the Pignose and took my time with the wiring as well. It's much quieter and also easier to get decent tone from.

Rid

:D Heh now as marin said...it had lotsa attitude for sure:cool:
Very cool tone and playing!

Trending Topics