A Facebook post from Shad at Quinn Amp

trailrun100s

Here's a posting from Shad regarding the current situation. I wish them the best...

Quinn Amplification & Effects

Dear Valued customers and clients,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to backlog of amplifiers or lack of communication.

We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to being understaffed and overextended with regards to attempting to diversity our product range to include pedal effects.

Too many hats being worn by too few heads! Too much research anbd development into products of limited viability. What can we say? We are very passionate about what we do. Our guru in charge has been prone to flashes of inspiration from the muse. We've certainly learned a lot about our company, what makes us stand out from the crowd. We've learned about our truest strengths. Areas we need to continue refining and improving, and certainly about our limitations.

As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again by ceasing production of pedal effects entirely and putting a moratorium on taking any new amplifier orders until we are again meeting our commitments on time.

We want to assure you that all we are making headway and will once again be able to meet the growing demand for our amplifiers.
Until then we feel it is best to not add any new orders to the load. We feel this is the best way to serve all of our customers and clients, past, present and future.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter or immediate grievances to, please feel free to discuss it with us at quinnamp@gmail.com

Yours in service,
Shadwell Damron
Quinnamp

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I'm surprised there wasn't something in there about the bridge he has for sale in Brooklyn.

LIONEL69

mr dumble never ever gave apologies..... but for shad to do this makes the grade

Quinn still wins

All hail
THE MIGHTY QUINN!!

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

I'm a fan. And own two...which aren't for sale sorry

osoloco69

I recently got in touch with Karin and she told me that Shad was a little behind and that they are waiting on the cabinet builder to ship them some new headcabs. I for one am not too concerned with the build time. My amp has been done for some time and I am financially in a tough spot right now so I can't complete the payment on my next amp right now. They are being more than hospitable with me. Shad isn't going under and he will catch up on orders soon. He is stopping new orders until he gets all of the old orders finished. Due to this he is stopping the built of fx pedals. I believe that tgp is full of people who have negative opinions no matter what. I wish Shad only the best in his endeavors. After all he can build one hell of an amp. I will post some clips when I get mine at the end of the month(el34 styled megaplex). I hope this clarifies some things for everyone.

sleewell

its always funny when the people who have had good experiences can't understand how those who have had bad experiences with poor communication and several missed deadlines can possibly be upset. I wonder if the positions were reversed if the fanbois would still be singing the same tune...

drewl

"Our guru in charge has been prone to flashes of inspiration from the muse."

Sniff your own farts much?

it ain't rocket science

Stevo57

its always funny when the people who have had good experiences can't understand how those who have had bad experiences with poor communication and several missed deadlines can possibly be upset. I wonder if the positions were reversed if the fanbois would still be singing the same tune...
First thing I thought of as well. I wonder if the cab guy is waiting for something before he ships his product?$?

I recently got in touch with Karin and she told me that Shad was a little behind and that they are waiting on the cabinet builder to ship them some new headcabs. I for one am not too concerned with the build time. My amp has been done for some time and I am financially in a tough spot right now so I can't complete the payment on my next amp right now. They are being more than hospitable with me. Shad isn't going under and he will catch up on orders soon. He is stopping new orders until he gets all of the old orders finished. Due to this he is stopping the built of fx pedals. I believe that tgp is full of people who have negative opinions no matter what. I wish Shad only the best in his endeavors. After all he can build one hell of an amp. I will post some clips when I get mine at the end of the month(el34 styled megaplex). I hope this clarifies some things for everyone.
The negative comments and negative threads re: Quinn Amps didn't just appear out of thin air. There were/are valid reasons for what has been posted.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
It's a negative opinion to want something you paid for to be delivered in a timely fashion or reasonable updates provided? OK then.

drugdetox

I'll post on this thread just to comment that he has my deposit for over a year, and when he couldn't deliver, he was only able to provide 20% of the refund and this only after he was "outed" on facebook and other social media. His behavior was abhorrent and he failed to respond to email requests for updates for months. I am only hoping that I get the remaining $800 back within the next 2 weeks as he promised 2 weeks ago. However, his actions have led me to understand that he is not a builder I would ever be comfortable working with again. this was a terrible experience resulting in a lost year (I could have gone with another builder if I had known) and the current loss of $800. If he fails to repay the refund, I will be posting in all social media and taking whatever legal action I can since his actions constitute fraud.

V-Type

Classic case of Take in a bunch of money on good intent and in reality cant deliver.
Sadly this goes on daily.
With Boutiquer's at every turn these days the choice of a more delivery conscience builder
is more robust.
Sometimes following the fanfare gets you a headache.
I hope the OP and any others out $$$$ get some form of relief.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
mr dumble never ever gave apologies..... but for shad to do this makes the grade

Quinn still wins

All hail
THE MIGHTY QUINN!!

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

I'm a fan. And own two...which aren't for sale sorry
And yet people would still give their left nut for a Dumble. Why would he ever need to appolgize? People knew going in that there was a million year wait for one.

drugdetox

And yet people would still give their left nut for a Dumble. Why would he ever need to appolgize? People knew going in that there was a million year wait for one.
With regard to Shad, he was extremely specific about delivery times, and was explicit about the time frame when he was seeking his deposit. About 4 months after receipt of deposit he ceased to respond to emails. He only finally responded after a series of threads outed him with regard to his nefarious business tactics. I am still waiting for the complete refund as I sit 3 months following the promised delivery date and having been finally told (after he was compelled to respond due to these threads) that he could not deliver the amp as promised. We shall see....we shall see.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
With regard to Shad, he was extremely specific about delivery times, and was explicit about the time frame when he was seeking his deposit. About 4 months after receipt of deposit he ceased to respond to emails. He only finally responded after a series of threads outed him with regard to his nefarious business tactics. I am still waiting for the complete refund as I sit 3 months following the promised delivery date and having been finally told (after he was compelled to respond due to these threads) that he could not deliver the amp as promised. We shall see....we shall see.
I fully understand the Shad issues. I just didnt understand why Lionel69 brought Dumble into this.

drugdetox

Here's a posting from Shad regarding the current situation. I wish them the best...

Quinn Amplification & Effects

Dear Valued customers and clients,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to backlog of amplifiers or lack of communication.

We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to being understaffed and overextended with regards to attempting to diversity our product range to include pedal effects.

Too many hats being worn by too few heads! Too much research anbd development into products of limited viability. What can we say? We are very passionate about what we do. Our guru in charge has been prone to flashes of inspiration from the muse. We've certainly learned a lot about our company, what makes us stand out from the crowd. We've learned about our truest strengths. Areas we need to continue refining and improving, and certainly about our limitations.

As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again by ceasing production of pedal effects entirely and putting a moratorium on taking any new amplifier orders until we are again meeting our commitments on time.

We want to assure you that all we are making headway and will once again be able to meet the growing demand for our amplifiers.
Until then we feel it is best to not add any new orders to the load. We feel this is the best way to serve all of our customers and clients, past, present and future.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter or immediate grievances to, please feel free to discuss it with us at quinnamp@gmail.com

Yours in service,
Shadwell Damron
Quinnamp

You could have started by replying to messages, emails and other increasingly desperate attempts to contact you. All of the above BS aside, it doesn't take much to hit "reply" to an email.