A Facebook post from Shad at Quinn Amp

tonyhay

your best and greatest amp makers don't do good customer service !!!!! that's why!!! you get what you wait for
Some of the best and greatest amp makers also have excellent customer service. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with anyone who didn't have an excellent reputation.

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know any person - from any side - in this seemingly sorry saga, but given the FB post from Aug 15, it is absolutely crystal clear to me that this business, and this persons involvement in this activity, is done / over / finished and that unless you already have an amp you have paid for in your hands, you will never see your [ potential / ordered ] amp or any part of your deposit(s) returned or refunded.

I can only imagine that this is exceptionally frustrating and disappointing, and that frankly, people [ rightly ] feel very, very ripped-off.

Custom50

Some of the best and greatest amp makers also have excellent customer service. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with anyone who didn't have an excellent reputation.
Cheers to that. Traynor, for example, has excellent customer service.

MHG

I went through the same hellish situation that others are describing here.......about 5 years ago!!! And I'm sure this was going on before me. So after probably 7 or 8 years of screwing his customers, he only now comes up with the brilliant idea of not taking on any new orders? I received all the same excuses you're all still receiving now!

mark norwine

IMO, the "mea culpa" should occur *AFTER* all backorders have been satisfied.

Have they been? I'm betting not...

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Cheers to that. Traynor, for example, has excellent customer service.
Mesa, Two Rock, Fuchs...all great customer service. It's my understanding that others like Bludotone, Wellagen, Sebago, Glaswerks, etc., provide excellent customer service and provide accurate time frames for completion of an amp.

BTW, Shad builds a hell of an amp and I like him personally. Bottom line though: I wouldn't wait more than a month for an amp. I'm old and don't even buy green bananas.

csweldon

Does he owe you money?

Do you have any relationship with Shad outside of being denied when trying to join his business?
I keep wondering the same thing; he keeps dodging this question, but his enthusiasm about getting Shad, coupled by a large portion of his total posts being those that sound the war horns, fanning the flames, makes it seem as though it's personal.

I want justice, too, for everyone. Just curious about the motives. After all, there are people Shad owes that seem less mad at the guy.

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
A year ago he was pledging to make right? That's guy's promises are worthless.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
Does he owe you money?

Do you have any relationship with Shad outside of being denied when trying to join his business?
Does it really matter? Lawyers do it all the time just for money. If I had more time, I believe in the cause enough to organize something like this too, just to get justice served.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
its always funny when the people who have had good experiences can't understand how those who have had bad experiences with poor communication and several missed deadlines can possibly be upset. I wonder if the positions were reversed if the fanbois would still be singing the same tune...
This post should be made a stickie.

trailrun100s

Does he owe you money?

Perhaps some people just don't like to see others screwed. Especially when the builder's attitude towards his customers is less than admirable, to put it mildly. I know I fall into this camp.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
Does it really matter? Lawyers do it all the time just for money. If I had more time, I believe in the cause enough to organize something like this too, just to get justice served.
Does it matter? Not really. Just trying to understand where the guy is coming from. Everyone who has posted seems to have a story with Shad except this guy...who happens to be the loudest. It's just odd.

Trending Topics