A few different fuzz ideas

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by porsch8, Mar 16, 2008.

1. porsch8

porsch8 Member

Thinking about getting one of these fuzzes:

Analog Man Sun Face
    Keeley Fuzz Head
    Skreedy Screwdriver

I want something that can get a kinda bluesy / overdrive sound like cream to low-gain pearl jam, but can they can nice and fuzzy like a tonebender (think Jimmy Page Whole Lotta love).

I think the screwdriver may be able to handle this. Any other suggestions?

2. gregory49

gregory49 Member

for your needs it sounds like a fuzz head or screwdriver. for that specific use i would go with the later. However shall i say I haven't tried the screwdriver but the sunface is the best fuzz i have tried.... the fuzz head is a good beginner fuzz .. as is the BBB07 by lovepedal which is not on your list but it will do that in spades, You should look for one used. I would think it wold do what your looking for better then the screwdriver just by working the volume knob.

3. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I have the fuzz head, and it cuts through great, is defined and tight in the bass, but it never gets that "fuzz on 10" sound. A good pedal, tho. It works great if you have your amp driven already.

4. supar6

supar6 Member

I can definitely recommend a Subdecay Flying Tomato. Has a bit of a mix between new and old. I've been through a few and the FT so far has been at the top. I'm not done yet though. :)

5. JVania

JVania Member

The Screwdriver is really more of an OD but with a hint of fuzz and it is one of my top 3 pedals of ALL TIME. So if that means anything go for it ;)

6. Julia343

Julia343 Member

The Screw Driver. My most used pedal. I think I use it a couple hours a day.