A few VHT Deliverence 60 clips

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Greazygeo, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

I posted this over at HCAF, thought there might be a few people interested on this. If not, that's cool...

Nothing too fancy, was messing around with our Deliverence yesterday fiddling with the knobs and trying different things with my recording gear. Some of the riffs are on the "Less" setting and some are on the "More" setting. The tone controls on all these were all pretty much at noon. The depth and presence were alittle lower. The master vol was at about 9:00.

I used my Ibanez with a Tone Zone and mic'd a CL80 with an E609 right on the cone. For the lower gained stuff, I think a GB would have been killer, I'll have to try that. Whatever differences you hear are just tweaking the two gain knobs, though I did lower the amp volume a slight bit on the last one.

Just a few riffs off the top of my head, not really going for any specific tones....

Random riffage

Heres a Maiden clip using a LP Custom with JB and the Deliverence for the rhythm tracks and Wizard for the solos.

Flight clip

George

2. Braciola

Braciola Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the clips George.
    Do you prefer the Deliverance to your old UL?

3. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

That clip rocks George and so does LOUDNESS!!!! :dude

4. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

The Deliverence when set for high gain reminds me alot of the UL's Red channel, but it has more "give" in the feel, kinda like the Super 30 does. Depending on how high the gains are set, you can get it really saturated. It can also be set for more of the Orange channel tone.

I know alot of guys don't like the stoutness of the UL's, but thats what I prefer. For live use hands down it would be the UL for me (more for the FX loop than multiple channels). If I was doing alot of recording the Deliverence would be real nice. It really does a wide variety of tones just by varying the two gains.

On the clean Dokken riff, the amp settings were exactly the same as the Vh riff before it. The only thing I did was switch pup's on the gtr and turn down the gtr vol.

thanks Dominck...

George

5. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

Wok and Woll LOL! They are one of my fave bands!

Hey Chris, How ya been?

6. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

Very nice,
    It seems like the best of the VHT stuff (clarity and tight bottom end). with a little more of the Vintage Marshall give or compression.

Sort of a vintage voiced VHT.....

Cool.

7. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

It has more give to it in the feel for sure. Not the stoutness of the UL's....its also easier to throttle back.

George

8. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

one last bump...

9. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Maiden - Been a fan since:

[​IMG]

Loudness - Been a fan since:
    [​IMG]

....but stopped listening after:

[​IMG]

The Deliverance sounds great, and you got those covers down pat... even if you weren't trying!

10. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Great stuff man. I freaking LOVE everything I hear man. I gotta get me a Deliverance.

11. Deaj

Deaj Member

Wow, that's one killer rock tone!

Thanks for the GAS :D

12. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

Here's another one I've been messing with.....

Clip

The D60 is on the left side and Wizard Modern Classic on the right side. i mic'd the speakers towards the outer edge (E609 on a CL80 and a 57 on a GB) and the mix is more 609 /CL80. Each amp is hard panned left and right thoughif you want to listen to one or the other...

George