1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

A good general FUZZ pedal is...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by davidkiddmusic, Dec 30, 2005.

1. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

what? Let me know what you like and why... looking to buy one but have no idea what to get. I am NOT looking for an octave-esque fuzz pedal however.

Lets hear 'em. Thanks.

2. ungarn

ungarn Member

I like my London Fuzz II (silicon) pedal...if I did not get such a good deal on it I was planning on getting one of the following: McFuzz/McFuzz Hot, Fulltone 69/70.

There are some great fuzz pedals out now...please do a search as this topic has been covered many times in recent months.

Good luck!

-Thad

3. JayDA

JayDA Member

Analogman Sunface gets my vote....

4. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

Sunface NKT275 for me! Great pedal. Responds AMAZINGLY well to volume & tone knob changes and goes into a ts9/808 type pedal for an almost infinite number of variations. About as quiet as a fuzz is ever gonna get too. This has outlasted just about everything else my board has seen come and go over the last couple of years. Plus Mike is one of the best in the customer service department.

5. jero

jero Member

BJF PPF: a bit more versatile than your average FF clone, doesn't mind being placed after buffered pedals, doesn't mind being placed after a wah, and works great on 6L6 amps :)

6. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

I use an Analogman Sundial NKT-275 and I like it very much.

7. blueprint

blueprint Member

I'm not going to be original here, but the NKT Sunface and the BJF Pink Purple are the best fuzz bargain I know.
    All my needs are covered with those two units.

8. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Most excellent pedals, but I wouldn't describe them as "bargains":D

9. paulydangerous

paulydangerous Member

2 years ago I was gassing for fuzz pedals and for 6 months I bought like 10 different ones. I didn't keep any of them..If I ever bought another fuzz it would be a Lovepedal Black Beauty Balance..I should have just bought one from the get-go but I tried to get by by buying one that looked cute and was half the price..

10. Kooper

Kooper Guest

I dont use a bunch of fuzz but when I do its my LovePedal Fab50Fuzz.

11. Richard Guy

Richard Guy Member

A Flying Tomato Fuzz is nice too!

12. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Supporting Member

Retroman Sybil...
    lots of variabilty . enough adjustment range to match up with variuos rigs.. Sounds great and doesn't dissapear on you when you roll down your guit vol , just gets some nice cleans.. the clips on the site represent the pedal well.... Not cheap

13. exodus

exodus Member

mcfuzz hot. about $100 used, great fuzz/overdrive-ish tones, stable hybrid design, not bass heavy (tone knob). My favorite dirt box.

14. ck3

ck3 Member

15. THROBAK

THROBAK Vendor

The holy trinity of classic fuzzes is the Sola Sound Tone Bender MKII Professional, the Fuzz Face and the Colorsound Overdriver. A good clone of any of these pedals is a great choice. There are many good makers out there to choose from. Go here for some clips of mine. www.throbak.com

16. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

Allow me to put in a quick plug for Throbak! Just received a Stone Bender and an Overdrive Boost on Friday, these are both incredible pedals! Both are modded versions of the originals, and the mods are very practical-the pre gain switch is great. My New Year's resolution is not to rave about anything while I'm still in the honeymoon phase or before I've tried it on a gig, so I'll stop here. But as far as this thread topic, a Tone Bender clone gets my vote-and the Throbak Stone Bender is a great version of that pedal, the pre gain switch and tone cut switch should allow you to make it work with your setup.

17. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Let's not forget the Big Muff too. My Euthymia ICBM rocks! I agree that the Throbak stuff sounds very interesting though. :JAM

18. HBob

HBob Member

Out of the dozen or so fuzz pedals I have I keep going back to the NVN Dinosaur Fuzz. It has a nice open fuzz on the rhythm setting and a more saturated fuzz on the lead. It also stacks great with other pedals like ODs and distortions. It won't squeel as quickly as most others when you stack it with another high gain pedal.

19. KustietheKlown

KustietheKlown Member

I'm not a big fuzz connoisseur generally in my playing style, but my Effector 13 improbability drive (now discontinued) spits out such a beautiful sound that it may be my favorite pedal of all. Where i have it set its tone is like a smooth creamy violin (or cello on the low notes), and with proper picking dynamics it wipes away all the attack, like a slow gear.