1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

A good source for backing tracks

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by jmcorey, Feb 2, 2008.

1. jmcorey

jmcorey Supporting Member

Hey All,

What is the best source for backing tracks. I think this could be a tremendous way to improve as a player, especially for licks and solos.

Thanks

2. steven.rogers

steven.rogers Supporting Member

www.guitarbt.com has a ton of them, and I get a lot from the Member Soundclips section here too.

3. jmcorey

4. jmcorey

Thanks Super Fox, I registered there and they have a lot! I'll have to try many of them!

5. townsend

townsend Member

6. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

If you can, do yourself a favor and pick up U.K. Magazine "Guitar Techniques", it's probably the best thing that has hapened to my playing.

http://www.guitar-techniques.com/

Every issue comes with a CD which features everything on the magazine in audio including backing tracks. These days they even feature video footage of private one on one lessons with pro guitarists.

The magazine even has regular contributors like Guthrie Govan, Dave Kilminster, Jamie Humphries and Neville Martin. All killer guitarists in their own right.

I buy this magazine religiously every month, it has done tonnes for my playing.

7. tacorivers

tacorivers Silver Supporting Member

Actually, you would improve even more if you made your own backing tracks. Its a lot of work, but I get much more out of building my backing tracks from the ground up. Of course this requires some type of recording system.

Band in a box is not bad, but not great.

8. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

Why not just download all the ones posted here? I think Ive got like I dont know 35-40 BTs from here...

Thats a guess, I could be wrong but Im sure its enough to solo through a 4 hour set LOL