A great Dr. Z resource for questions or technical aspects of these amps.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by myles111, Feb 8, 2006.

1. myles111

myles111 Member

There is a great Z forum at http://drzamplifiers.proboards41.com if you have one of these amps or just want to learn more about these amps from a technical or operation standpoint. This is a small forum where folks help each other and the "bickering level" is much lower than one would expect on Internet forums.

2. Mayflower

Mayflower Silver Supporting Member

By Miles or by the mods?
    Just curious.
    I am not intersted in continuing the thoughts on that previous thread.
    I am just interested where it went, and why.:confused:

3. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Funny, I had just conjured up the inspiration to dig through the multiple pages. Oh well.

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Let's start over.

I pulled the entire mess that this thread originally became; the point here now is this - don't attack other members on a personal basis. Simple as that.

So keep it to the facts and do not go off on each other.

Thank you.

5. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Yikes, I knew there was a reason I viewed that thread with trepidation (and didn't read it).:p

6. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

you didn't miss much.

7. Mayflower

Okay...Hugs and back-pats everyone.
    Please use some KY before you post, please make sure I am on "the end" in case I get an email so I can answer it! LOL!
    Why not start over and see where it leads.
    I am listening....
    I am also willing to give Miles a chance to rectify.
    No need for apologies. Let's just get it back to normal exchanges regarding GEAR!
    Hey ....between my good buddy SSS, we own ALOT of Z's and Matchless/Bad Cats. More than any mortal human! LOL!
    We like them all, we do have our favorites depending what the gig is....
    Round 2: "No more low puches or you will have a point taken away by the judges".
    Now....Lets' "GET IT ON!"
    ....I will recomend the Z forum for all those who that may be intersted in a few more details on the amp that you may not find here.;)
    I may go lurk just to see.....
    Nice job Scott, a great way to give a thread a second chance.

8. scottcw

scottcw Low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

9. Mayflower

I agree.
    Just wanted to keep it rolling...Just to see...

10. hogy

hogy Member

This is like "Groundhog Day", only not funny.

11. Scott Peterson

Let's keep it off the "attack" mode. Let's just stick to the topic too; this isn't about GT or Myles or anything else, it was about a heads up for folks that want to talk Dr. Z on a Dr. Z Forum.

It isn't the best form for one Administrator to be spamming his Forum on another board (I have never done it; I have PM'd or emailed folks on other boards way back in the beginning, but never spammed the PRS Forum or the Gear Page ever on any other page) but that appears to be a good board and deserves notice.

So carry on, but let's please stay on topic.

12. bitsandvolts

bitsandvolts Member

Forgive me, but I disagree with this. Posts go off topic...some stay on topic. So this one had a tangent. So what! The tangent didn't hijack the thread, it ran parallel with the original thread....and as far as I know, up until when I went to bed last night, no one was being personally attacked.

Why is it that every Z thread here gets some kind of specialized care/censoring or severe moderation?? Is Z a silent contributor to the forum!? I'm really curious now...

13. Jim Fairbairn

Jim Fairbairn Member

I've been on the Dr Z. forum from near the beginning. Although I lurk more than I contribute, it has been a great source to learn about Z amps and things relating to tube amps in general. Myles has been extremely helpful and generous with his knowledge. It's a small but passionate community that obvisously (duh) are fans of Dr Z's amps, and those who seek to learn more about Dr. Z products. The forum and it's members are a great resource.

14. Scott Peterson

Pfffft. You are chasing phantoms with this bro.

I have no idea who gives or doesn't give to the Gear Page. Frankly, as long as it stays running, I don't care. Brian does the money, and doesn't share who contributes or doesn't with anyone. You get a "Contributing Member" status under your name. I treat everyone the same, I don't care who you are or how much you donate or do not donate. I base my moderation on your words and actions, as do the other moderators here.

I moderate every section and every topic the same. The original version of this thread went off into a straight up pissing contest, and you were one of the folks in it, so the whole "it's a conspiracy!" and "preferential treatment" arguement doesn't hold a drop of water, sorry.

This is a moderated forum. Learn it, understand it and realize we are serious about doing a good job. On all fronts and on all topics. Read the "FAQ" and note the Code of Conduct. That's what we try to uphold to the best of our abilities.

15. scottcw

How about putting this thread in the Manufacturer's Emporium, then? it is clearly shameless self-promotion (SPAM) as it is the third time the Myles has promoted the Z board here. My bet is that Myles would stop posting these cross-promos if they were moved to the Emporium. He is only seeking to drive traffic to the Z board and he knows that the Emporium has less traffic than Amps and Cabs.

16. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Forgive my naiivate, but how does Myles promoting the Z board equate to "self promotion"?

17. Scott Peterson

True. And personally, I agree that he needs to stop trolling (in a fishing sense) for members here and let the Dr. Z Forum develop its own audience like this forum and others have.

I didn't move it this time, because he isn't selling anything. And he accuses me all the time of simply putting all his posts in the "spam" folder, so I thought I'd cut him a break and let this float.

In the end, it is an imperfect world and if you were in my position, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

That's why. Weak arguement or not, that is simply why.

18. scottcw

Fair enough.

19. Jayson Chance

Jayson Chance Member

Well, I didn't see the thread that got nuked, so I'm going to remain in the dark.

I will say this- the Dr.Z forum is VERY civil. There are very friendly folks there, and it's almost "self- goverened." Meaning that there is definitely a code of conduct that people tend to follow, while being VERY good-natured & helpful.
    Sure, it's tilted towards Dr.Z amps, but wouldn't you expect it to be?? LOL

For the most part, TGP is civil & friendly, but I'm amazed at how many threads I've seen where people say mean & ugly things to each other.
    What's the point of that?
    Guitars, basses, amps, and music in general is supposed to be FUN... right?
    If someone who is still learning their instrument posts a sound clip to get feedback, why in the world would someone be ugly to them and tell them how bad they suck?? That's the kind of thing that bugs me...
    I'm glad the moderators see it this way-

JC