1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

A lil' guitatronica!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by vladorg, Mar 17, 2006.

1. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Got the Roland GR-20 today and while teh internal sounds are mildly said cheesy, the real fun begins when I connected it with a MIDI cable to my PC and started tweaking all the plug-ins.Some bitchin's sounds indeed,especially for piano/keyboard disabled like myself who only know how to play Let It Be and Child In Time(C major/a minor white keys only please:eek: ).Anyways,this was all done in Cakewalk 5 Producer.Drums are Battery 2,everything else is guitar-controlled sounds:

http://www.guitar.com/useruploads/133091/MP3/031606114838.mp3

Vlad

2. Cap'n Fingers

Cap'n Fingers Member

T-Town. Home of street construction hell!
    That was fun! Made me smile. :AOK

3. Dave Steves

Dave Steves Member

Hey Vlad, cool post. I have a gr-33 that I forgot about. I need to re-mount that damned GK-2 pickup onto something again.

4. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Hey neat! why not come in with a Bad Benson solo to offset the cheese!!??:AOK

5. vladorg

I'm not the Benson person,that's somebody else's job:( -Tag's,RichardB,Carlos or ScottL. I might try to come up with something spacey again and do a clean solo with my D'Angelico on top.

Vlad

6. vladorg

Dave,long time no hear/see,man!Forget about the GR-33,the truth is in the PC plug-ins/samplers.They have some incredible phat sounding,authentic analog sounds.

Vlad

7. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Ha! sorry vladorg--I thought you "were" one of those
    jazzy Benson task masters-thats why i made the specific reference!
    I had it in mind that Dave Steves or RicahrdB had posted this-my duh!!:NUTS

Still enjoyed it-and the cheese reference was only from what you said of yer sounds-which actually -are pretty cool anyhow-& the synthy guitars
    still would make a nice pad for a clean [methany!!!lol!] type solo.

JF

8. gennation

gennation Member

I heard some jazz Benson stuff in there too. You may be one of those "jazzy Benson guys" in denial ;) Next stop Jazzy Benson Guys Anonymous :p

Cool little track.