A Little Funk in the Streets

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by BigJamesyBoy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. BigJamesyBoy

BigJamesyBoy Member

So, the town I live in (Poulsbo, WA) turned 100 this weekend, so they decided to throw a street dance downtown. They, closed off the street and hired my band, ColdNote, to play on a rooftop. Here's a clip of a cover of James Brown's Cold Sweat. Camera was at ground level, and people kept bumping my brother while dancing, so its a little shaky, I apologize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuUmiyTaFA

Gear used was a '75 Les Paul Standard into a '69 SF Princeton loaded with an Eminence Ragin' Cajun' 10". Over drive was a Fulltone Fulldrive (The Anniversary Mosfet one) Stacked with a Timmy for the solo. Wah was the Dunlop Hendrix Signiature Wah.

P.S. I'll post some Pics of the crowd in the street when I upload them.

2. BigJamesyBoy

BigJamesyBoy Member

Well here's the pics WAY late, sorry...

[​IMG]

Me with my occasional creepy eyes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some crowd shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our view... :messedup

3. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

Wow...I guess ther's no job too big for a princeton...

I can see why they hired you...you guys lay it down!...great PA board work too.

4. BigJamesyBoy

BigJamesyBoy Member

Thanks. In the crowd shots, the board is under the little white tent. The sound was ran by two guys. Our manager John Wilson, and the big guy who looks like a biker in the white t-shirt. He plays bass in a killer ZZ Top tribute band called Tres Hombres.

P.S. I played the Princeton because A: There were weight restrictions on the roof. and B: We had another gig immediately afterwards right down the street, so we left my amp, a bass rig and another drum kit set-up at the other venue!

5. equatorinstru

equatorinstru Member

Bad-ass rhythym guitar....gotta love the FUNK!