• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

A Little Lap Steel For The Lounge

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
You've got some perfect tone for that, not easy IMO. Care to let us in on your rig?
You bet! That's my Lap King Rodeo into an Origin Effects SlideRIG compressor pedal, 1978 Fender Vibrosonic Reverb, Fryette Power Station2, using the balanced out for recording. Reverb added in Garageband.

RoryGfan

Beautiful music from a truly beautiful instrument. As we used to say in GA, "Clean as a mountain stream." Even Jerry Douglas would love it. Super-nice piece.

fataxeman

Gold Supporting Member
That was very nice! Great sound quality and playing. I find your music peaceful and calming which is very welcome this time of year.

I owned a lap steel for a short time; if I had been capable of generating anything resembling your music, I wouldn't have let it go. I guess I just didn't have the right lap for it (too much belly o_O).

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
That was very nice! Great sound quality and playing. I find your music peaceful and calming which is very welcome this time of year.

I owned a lap steel for a short time; if I had been capable of generating anything resembling your music, I wouldn't have let it go. I guess I just didn't have the right lap for it (too much belly o_O).
Thanks! I'm trying to work up Albatross by Fleetwood Mac today, very peaceful and calming. :phones

direwolf

Silver Supporting Member
Relaxed and relaxing. Smooth.

Fryette stuff must help bring it to the fore. Really nuanced even on laptop speakers.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom