A little lefty love, courtesy of MotorAve

M

Member 87204

Hey folks,

New here, well, as something more than a frequent reader and spectator to this fine community. I figured best to kick off with a bang, and here are two photos courtesy of Mark and Kate at MotorAve (shipped today!). It's a goldtop McQueen to go with my LeMans—and I've got nothing but the best things to say about them both personally and about the build quality on their instruments. So I'm adding my voice to the chorus.

Take care, all—

IMG_0059.jpg

74onPorch.jpg

Scottone

Very cool.

I've had my black McQueen for a couple of years now and I've toyed with the idea of getting Mark to make me a goldtop with P90's at some point.

M

Member 87204

Very cool.

I've had my black McQueen for a couple of years now and I've toyed with the idea of getting Mark to make me a goldtop with P90's at some point.

Awesome. You couldn't go wrong there.

ford

Modz
Staff member
I love all the Motorave designs/models...great, original stuff.

MACS93EG

Being a lefty that loves "GOLDTOPS" I have to say that is one "AMAZING" looking guitar! WOWSER! Love the body style of this McQueen from Motor Ave!I have to ask what you paid for this "BEAUTY"!:omg

Mac

M

Member 87204

Being a lefty that loves "GOLDTOPS" I have to say that is one "AMAZING" looking guitar! WOWSER! Love the body style of this McQueen from Motor Ave!I have to ask what you paid for this "BEAUTY"!:omg

Mac

Thanks for the kind words. I just put it down for the first time since pulling it out of the box. I'm sort of in a delirium. The price lists are at Mark's site: motorave.com—though I had some of my own hardware that went on this one.

Scottone

I just noticed that your McQueen has a dot neck. I think that all of the others have been block inlays, but the dots look really good.

What neck carve did you go with?

M

Member 87204

I just noticed that your McQueen has a dot neck. I think that all of the others have been block inlays, but the dots look really good.

What neck carve did you go with?

Yea I'm a dot man—I love rosewood under the fingers, especially on bends. That being said, Mark did aluminum dots, which I think is a brilliant way for the neck to 'keep pace' with the body. And '59 neck carve. I've barely put it down all day.

enharmonic

Chairman of the Bored
Platinum Supporting Member
That's very nice! About 10 months away from getting my BelAir.

Scottone

Yea I'm a dot man—I love rosewood under the fingers, especially on bends. That being said, Mark did aluminum dots, which I think is a brilliant way for the neck to 'keep pace' with the body. And '59 neck carve. I've barely put it down all day.

cool, and I love Mark's '59 carve.

enharmonic

Chairman of the Bored
Platinum Supporting Member

I think you made a good choice w/ the dots. I personally like it better with the dots. That's how I'd spec it out. :dude

Trending Topics

Top Bottom