• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

A little lefty love, courtesy of MotorAve

iansegal

Hey folks,

New here, well, as something more than a frequent reader and spectator to this fine community. I figured best to kick off with a bang, and here are two photos courtesy of Mark and Kate at MotorAve (shipped today!). It's a goldtop McQueen to go with my LeMans—and I've got nothing but the best things to say about them both personally and about the build quality on their instruments. So I'm adding my voice to the chorus.

Take care, all—

Scottone

Very cool.

I've had my black McQueen for a couple of years now and I've toyed with the idea of getting Mark to make me a goldtop with P90's at some point.

ford

Modz
Staff member
I love all the Motorave designs/models...great, original stuff.

MACS93EG

Being a lefty that loves "GOLDTOPS" I have to say that is one "AMAZING" looking guitar! WOWSER! Love the body style of this McQueen from Motor Ave!I have to ask what you paid for this "BEAUTY"!:omg

Mac

iansegal

Being a lefty that loves "GOLDTOPS" I have to say that is one "AMAZING" looking guitar! WOWSER! Love the body style of this McQueen from Motor Ave!I have to ask what you paid for this "BEAUTY"!:omg

Mac
Thanks for the kind words. I just put it down for the first time since pulling it out of the box. I'm sort of in a delirium. The price lists are at Mark's site: motorave.com—though I had some of my own hardware that went on this one.

Scottone

I just noticed that your McQueen has a dot neck. I think that all of the others have been block inlays, but the dots look really good.

What neck carve did you go with?

iansegal

I just noticed that your McQueen has a dot neck. I think that all of the others have been block inlays, but the dots look really good.

What neck carve did you go with?
Yea I'm a dot man—I love rosewood under the fingers, especially on bends. That being said, Mark did aluminum dots, which I think is a brilliant way for the neck to 'keep pace' with the body. And '59 neck carve. I've barely put it down all day.

Scottone

Yea I'm a dot man—I love rosewood under the fingers, especially on bends. That being said, Mark did aluminum dots, which I think is a brilliant way for the neck to 'keep pace' with the body. And '59 neck carve. I've barely put it down all day.
cool, and I love Mark's '59 carve.

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
I think you made a good choice w/ the dots. I personally like it better with the dots. That's how I'd spec it out. :dude

Trending Topics

Top Bottom