A little sample of The Rockaholics

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Shooter Bob, May 6, 2008.

1. Shooter Bob

Shooter Bob Member

Hi guys, I'm new to this board and just starting to find my way around. Here's a link to my classic rock band, The Rockaholics.

We're a bunch of old guys throwin' it down old school. Recorded live in the studio with only a few small overdubs.

Hope ya like it! Bob

http://www.therockaholics.com/sounds.cfm

2. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

Hey TB!!!! S'up Bro?? Nice ta see here agin!!:BEER

CT.

3. Shooter Bob

Shooter Bob Member

Dude! Likewise! I'm seeing more and more familiar faces around here. Very nice forum.

4. drgonzoguitar

drgonzoguitar Member

Welcome to the board Bob! The tunes sound great...a very nice choice of covers to feature. I see in the bio picture you play a tele type guitar? What is it?

5. Shooter Bob

Shooter Bob Member

It's a little something I whipped up about 7 years ago. I had always wanted a carved top Tele so I built one. The body is 1" thick quartersawn mahogany that I topped with 5/8" thick bookmatched maple. I carved the features to give a bit of a PRS vibe with an SG style control layout and recessed Ibanez style control knobs. The pickups are Seymour Duncan.
    [​IMG]

It screams! I use it on White Room, Renegade, Surrender and Basket Case. There are no guitar solos on the demo purposely because we figured club owners just don't want to hear it. It can be kinda boring.