A little scared....

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
have everybody in the band wear clear face shields, pretend you're Devo, play '80s industrial synth-y rock. have a blast.

good luck. I'm jealous. We're not opening up until goodness knows when. allegedly May 18th we'll start having outdoor seating at restaurants. If we're lucky it won't be 49 degrees with 27 mph winds. As far as indoors sitting down, having a beer with your food? Totally unknown.

Dasein

So the lockdown has cost the band 3 shows already (2 in March and 1 in April) and we kind of figured the show we had scheduled for May 16th would be cancelled also, but no. We just found out that the club is re-opening on Friday May 15th and our May 16th show is on. Problem is we haven't rehearsed a minute (or even seen each other) since March 8th. And no opportunity to rehearse before Sat. night.This is gonna be a fun one.
How old are the members of your band and what's the nature of the venue and gig?

jekylmeister

Raconteur Extraordinaire
Silver Supporting Member
So the lockdown has cost the band 3 shows already (2 in March and 1 in April) and we kind of figured the show we had scheduled for May 16th would be cancelled also, but no. We just found out that the club is re-opening on Friday May 15th and our May 16th show is on. Problem is we haven't rehearsed a minute (or even seen each other) since March 8th. And no opportunity to rehearse before Sat. night.This is gonna be a fun one.
Everyone will probably be in a very 'celebratory' mood after getting out of the house. You'll be great!

chrisr777

They are not. The lockdown ends in AZ on May 15th. It's over.

No, it is not over. Stay at home orders have nothing to do with safe distancing and common sense. Thinking that just because you can go out means all precautions are out the window is just dangerous to you and everyone around you.

We are talking about livestreaming a show at the end of the month from a label's studio. This too would be with pretty much no rehearsal since March. Kind of scary.

No, it is not over. Stay at home orders have nothing to do with safe distancing and common sense. Thinking that just because you can go out means all precautions are out the window is just dangerous to you and everyone around you.

We are talking about livestreaming a show at the end of the month from a label's studio. This too would be with pretty much no rehearsal since March. Kind of scary.
Dude if you are afraid just stay home. Not everybody is as afraid of dying as you are. I see you don't even live in AZ. Why would you care if we party like it's 1999 in AZ? Chill some and do what you have to do. Let others do as they do.

Last edited:

Batch

Gold Supporting Member
You guys will be fine.... my college band's 1st gig was the first time we ever played together.... there was a snowstorm and the scheduled band cancelled.... we huddled together a couple of hours, figured out songs we all knew (or mostly knew), and we managed to put together 2 sets of material... both the band and the audience had a blast!

have everybody in the band wear clear face shields, pretend you're Devo, play '80s industrial synth-y rock. have a blast.

good luck. I'm jealous. We're not opening up until goodness knows when. allegedly May 18th we'll start having outdoor seating at restaurants. If we're lucky it won't be 49 degrees with 27 mph winds. As far as indoors sitting down, having a beer with your food? Totally unknown.

Can confirm! Maybe I'll see you out there some day (it's pretty nice out today in Epping.... despite the wind!)

chrisr777

Dude if you are afraid just stay home. Not everybody is as afraid of dying as you are. I see you don't even live in AZ. Why would you care if we party like it's 1999 in AZ? Chill some and do what you have to do. Let others do as they do.

First, I have been out working and in contact with people from day one, so I'm not afraid of anything here. There is a big difference between taking reasonable precautions and fear. Second, I care about what happens in AZ because, unlike Vegas, what happens in AZ won't stay in AZ. If things breakout because of the lack of precautions in AZ or other states, the rest of us could suffer. This ****show didn't start in the U.S., it traveled here. Of course, there is also the fact that I have several good friends living in AZ.

plaintopper

Agreed. Be careful out there!

Tucson news, May 8:

"Across Pima County, 1,520 cases of coronavirus have now been confirmed, up 55 cases from the day before.
Among the 1,520 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pima County:
282 people between 45 and 54 years old;
519 people between 20 and 44 years old;
47 people 19 years old and younger."

https://tucson.com/news/local/arizo...cle_87bdf8ec-9143-11ea-8270-4baced1a4dd9.html

We’re in Indiana. My wife is a physician and I listened to her noon webinar put on by very well regarded ID doc in Indianapolis. He said he wouldn’t even consider going out to a bar or restaurant for 2-3 months. Masks are just to protect others, much less so for you. There are far too many asymptomatic and presymptomatic shedders for “normal” interactions to be reasonably safe, and this is all being complicated by the unacceptably high false negative rates on most Covid tests that are being widely used. In short, testing is not the golden goose until the tests get better.

That said - enjoy the show ... ;) I wouldn’t be in a bar just yet myself.

jonnytexas

What venue? I grew up In Tucson. Used to play Berky's, The Chicago Bar, The French Quarter, and various other venues. The Chicago Bar is the only one that is still open as far as I know.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom