A little Screwdriver for y'all!!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by teddy boy, Aug 8, 2006.

1. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I'm really bored here at home at the moment. Trying to write up my masters thesis and boy does it feel good to pick up the guitar every now and then.I'm about to send off the Screwdriver to Marc for the Smokey mod and I thought I'd record a bit so I can compare it when it gets back.

Fender AV'62RI Stratocaster (w/Lindy Fralin Steelpole 43 in bridge)-> Skreddy Screwdriver-> Marshall 1974X HW-> SM57-> Audiobuddy preamp-> Echo Mia Midi-> Cubase SX.
    [​IMG]

The tremolo guitar is strat straight into the Marshall. The bass is a Korg MS-20!! Hah! I'm really digging the kick the Steelpole gives. I switch from neck to bridge on the last refrain and it really kicks in!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=490717

Hope you enjoy it!

2. Coach

Coach Senior Member

That was great! Loved the sound :dude

3. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Rhythm track is LP Standard with both pickups on through a Roger Mayer Voodoo-Vibe jr. and a Diamond Memory Lane into my Monster El Mariachi 15W Class A set to clean.

The delay on the lead track is also from the Memory Lane. I'll give the strat ->Top Fuel->Clean Amp a go some time soon too. Perhaps once my DRRI arrives on friday!

4. Cussion

Cussion Member

That's my favourite type of blues/rock Strat tone!
    I think "Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck, Ritchie Blackmore".. fat singing Strat tone.

I can get a similar sound with my Colorsound clone (modified circuit). Strat and 50watt Marshall.