A little survey for you

Deed_Poll

Hi Bill,

I think there are so many people who fall into the "i'll build anything you want" camp that you have to build your own brand identity alongside and limit your custom options to pickups, neck dimensions, frets etc - the non visual stuff.

Stick to 1-3 well thought out models of similar shape (maybe a basic solid body / bolt on, fancier solid body / set neck and semi / full hollow with all the trimmings), that way your brand starts off with an identity that people want to buy into. Also if you do it this way, when work is scarce you can keep busy building vanilla models and get them out there. A tidy and smart website is a must, too.
If someone likes what you're doing and wants something extra special they'll ask, IMO.

Good luck!

Thank you Deed,

I am focusing on the T-Class and my own slant on the LP/Tele hybrid (nothing really new there), being in Canada and the fact that there are not a lot of builders like in the US helps. Alot of Canadian players like a Canadian builder. Branding is essential to raising perception and resale value over time. Of course building for Randy Bachman and Jason Blaine helps.

www.canadianbreed.ca

Bill

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
Did your survey Bill.

Even though I don't own one of your guitars yet, I know you have a great reputation through reviews on both TGP and Canadian Guitar Forum.

Surfreak

Hi Bill, took your survey, and best of luck.

The interesting question for me is the last one as, at least for me, it creates the big paradox which prevents me from buying a custom guitar.
What I mean is, I would only consider buying a custom guitar if the builder had a no question asked return policy.
Not because of buyer's remorse, but simply because I must be able to try and play a guitar before I buy it, and that pretty much negates any "full custom" builds for me.

telest

Sorry Bill, the first question "are you a guitar player"? had me stumped. That is a question of great debate and opinion that has puzzled me for years. Had to pass on the survey so not to muddle the results. :bonk

Steve

janosfia

Now this is very cool:
randy%20bachman%20guitar.jpg

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Moved to proper forum. Please don't spam the discussion areas.

Surf freak,

I fully understand your position. I do do a no questions asked return policy but also try to find a way to resolve the issues as best as possible.
If you lived in my area we would be able to confirm each process as it goes such as neck shape, pickups etc. Ive done that often.
I have been able to meet and exceed my customers expectation almost 100% of the time.

Bill

Trending Topics

Top Bottom