A motion sensor in a guitar pick

pholm

Hey all,

I created this thing that, well, it's easier to just show you:

Let me know your thoughts - good or bad. I'm most likely going to build other music electronic devices in the future, so I'm eager for some feedback.

I'm new here but I hopefully posted in the right sub-forum!

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

pholm

I think it's totally awesome. As long as it's durable and you have options of different thicknesses

The thickness is the obvious first question, and to answer it it's about 3mm at it's thickest point. It's rechargeable using USB micro-b, which has a 2.5mm tall plug. Then there has to be a sort of molding around that which adds another .6mm or so. The only way to make it thinner would be to charge it wirelessly, but first things first you know?

Regarding durability, it's much more durable than other picks because the cost of the plastic is irrelevant.

pholm

Thats a pretty cool guitar pick , is it one color when lit , or is it 2 ?

I use really small super heavy pics ...if you ever go there let me know

Kenny

It can be programmed to any color. If our kickstarter is successful, we'll start off with blue, white, and green, which are my personal favorites.

How small is super small? The Firefly Pick is sized like a tortex - about 25cm wide.

I was hoping you had them to market already, very cool. I think you have a very marketable product. Do you have any idea how much they would cost retail?

pholm

I was hoping you had them to market already, very cool. I think you have a very marketable product. Do you have any idea how much they would cost retail?
Thanks for the compliment. The long term price depends on how much interest there is in them and hence how many I can make at once. There are some significant up front tooling costs for volumes around 1000-10000, hence the kickstarter.

jrjones

Silver Supporting Member
That looks really cool. I'd buy one. Maybe more, depending on the price.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
That's it?
A flashing pick!?
Like, ya know? I vid my pick in a dark room to amuse my tons of fans on Youtube?

pholm

Agreed. Suspicious promotion tactics at play. Seems like a pointless and potentially cumbersome product.

Don't you think the point is that a beautiful light tracks your hand as it plays, created by your natural movements and synchronized to your music?

maybe_ebyam

By the valuations on the kickstarter page, the picks are to be sold at somewhere between $30 and $45 each! Ouch!

Deed_Poll

Don't want to piss on the barbecue, but doesn't this belong in the 'builders and retailer's section?

pholm

By the valuations on the kickstarter page, the picks are to be sold at somewhere between $30 and $45 each! Ouch!

It's not economical to manufacture custom designed electronic devices for small numbers of people at a lower cost. If I'm able to raise enough money to make one batch, the subsequent ones would hopefully be less expensive.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom