a need for more power? + what pedal do i need next??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by singular, Apr 11, 2008.

1. singular

singular Member

So, a few months ago I decided id do a shake up gear-wise. I was starting a new band and this time im not the lead singer so i can put more focus on my guitar playing and so forth.
    I sold/traded the few pedals i had and my twin reverb. heres what i have/have coming very soon
    TopHat Super Deluxe 2x12 (arriving in the next week!)
    FDII
    modded Rat
    Booster
    Boss CE-2
    Marshall Tremelo (dont use tremelo much so havent looked to upgrade)
    Nova Delay

Im waiting for a Tim to come, and my girlfriend was kind enough to buy me a zvex ringtone for my upcoming birthday (should have seen my face when she told me!:drool)

So, seeing as I dont have my Tim yet im wondering what my drive needs will be?im guessing if i like the Tim i should be covered. maybe a fuzz?a reverb pedal?(Tophat doesnt have reverb)
    Im currently running the pedals I have from my TU-2....
    im guessing its not pretty to daisy chain 7-8 pedals,

so any recommendations on a power supply and possibly 1 more pedal?
    what would you fit in there? the nova runs on 12v and has its own power supply so its probably not essential i can run that off a new power supply,but more convenient all the same.

thank you!

2. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

BBE Supa-Charger for power and a fuzz... 'Cause everyone needs one!

3. singular

singular Member

that supa charger looks great!!is there somewhere to order them from in europe?

4. singular

singular Member

man, that two timer pedal BBE have coming out looks like it could be a hit,

from their site

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The TWO TIMER™ was inspired by the long discontinued Boss DM-2 Delay. The DM-2 was known for its warm, haunting reverb and tape-like echoes. The TWO TIMER offers two Independent delay times foot switchable via the TIME 1/TIME 2 mode switch. This makes it possible to have one delay setup for a short slapback rhythm sound while another is set to a longer delay for solos. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The TWO TIMER is essentially two great analog delays in one compact pedal. The TWO TIMER circuit features a BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) for the warmth and character only analog can deliver, 1% Metal Film resistors for pristine audio quality plus True Hard-Wire Bypass for a clean signal path when the effect is bypassed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other features include hardwire bypass, LED operation indicator, non-slip rubber bottom, easy-access 9v battery compartment and included external power supply"[/FONT]

5. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

Dunno, got mine off eBay, american seller. Gotta luv the dollar-euro ratio! :banana

6. singular

singular Member

yeah its pretty cool alright!

got my SD.
    only thing is the FDII and Rat dont sound quite right through it.dose.just dont seem to sit well with the amp.apparently mosfet pedals work better with them.
    any more suggestions?anyone?

7. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

Throbak Overdrive Boost. M.I. Tube Zone.