A New Drummer For Journey

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
Oh, lucky them!! Monster drummer with great chops & sensibilities. I bet that's a good paying gig, too.

bobotwt

Silver Supporting Member
I hope Arnel's voice can keep up. They had Deen singing some during the set to give his voice a break. I think that's a good idea as that gig has a knack for destroying voices. I wonder how they'll handle that aspect? Maybe some instrumentals.

Josh

tone4days

Silver Supporting Member
Hakim played great on Still Warm by John Scofield in the mid 80s
I hope he gets paid good money to stay in 2nd gear with Journey

s2y

I think it's interesting how a band kicks a guy out for domestic violence while the NFL gives them a slap on the wrist. And they say that Rock has no morals...:rolleyes:
I agree. Saw that and figured it should probably be about domestic abuse. No bueno.

Bankston

I'm really disappointed in Deen, if the reports are true. He's a helluva drummer and the best singer Journey has had since Perry left. I love the project he did with Jack Blades and Doug Aldrich, but I have zero tolerance for domestic abuse.

GerryJ

Wow. I hope they can keep up.
Hakim is a great drummer, but Journey's always had good/great drummers - Ansley Dunbar, Steve Smith.
The original Journey was really a very rock-oriented fusion band, lots of instrumentals on those records before Steve Perry was recruited.

Hakim is truly a world-class drummer, and has been for the better part of many years. Weather Report, Sting, John Scofield...and countless sessions.

Not only doe he have insane chops, but he's got a great feel/pocket as well. Kudos to him for getting this gig.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Hakim is truly a world-class drummer, and has been for the better part of many years. Weather Report, Sting, John Scofield...and countless sessions.

Not only doe he have insane chops, but he's got a great feel/pocket as well. Kudos to him for getting this gig.
Pretty much this.

They still lost a vocal, however.

Deen was the Phil Collins of Journey!

S.
j

zenmindbeginner

Gold Supporting Member
If there was a real problem, the members of Journey would have already known about it yet fired Dean because of the bad publicity his public arrest brought upon the band. Hardly a moral stance IMHO.