• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

A New Guitar Center Experience...

Brewski

I guess i was that guy Saturday- went to GC to test a used 5150 iii 100w and really needed to take this demo seriously. The GC sales rep told me to notch it up and it did, in all three channels with four different guitars ( tele, super strat, prs and les paul) as this is my last chance to find the right one.

I have to say - i asked about the amp room and yup they r gone, but i really needed to hear the thing at a level that showed the personality and if it hummed (freakin hate hum!)

Sorry but when i am spending $1000+ dollars I need to know and appreciate that u can turn up a bit. I wasn't jammin at all - i played certain chords and riffs and notes that show an amps poor sustain, poor cut and poor tonal mix.

BTW - the EVH 5150 iii is pretty sick!

Unadan

Did you buy the amp?

I guess i was that guy Saturday- went to GC to test a used 5150 iii 100w and really needed to take this demo seriously. The GC sales rep told me to notch it up and it did, in all three channels with four different guitars ( tele, super strat, prs and les paul) as this is my last chance to find the right one.

I have to say - i asked about the amp room and yup they r gone, but i really needed to hear the thing at a level that showed the personality and if it hummed (freakin hate hum!)

Sorry but when i am spending $1000+ dollars I need to know and appreciate that u can turn up a bit. I wasn't jammin at all - i played certain chords and riffs and notes that show an amps poor sustain, poor cut and poor tonal mix.

BTW - the EVH 5150 iii is pretty sick!

deeval

Silver Supporting Member
What I have seen over and over when I have gone into the Hollywood store in LA is with the tube amps you see guys just turn the amps on without letting amp warm up and some times yo see tube amps left on,when you come in so I can only imagine how much wear those tubes get just by sitting in the store!

ispunk

Silver Supporting Member
So glad I've never set foot inside one of these stores. I'd rather take my chances buying used and demo the stuff at home

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
My sister wanted an acoustic and we spent at least 3 hours on a Saturday evening trying many guitars in the $300 range. I was impressed with how patient the Guitar Center staff were.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom