A new Marshall!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by teddy boy, Sep 14, 2006.

1. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

2. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Ok... now that I thought about it for a minute, maybe this amp is a little overkill! I could never play it at a suitable level, anywhere. Club owners would always ask me to turn it down plus it's a drag to carry around. My old house would probably fall apart if I turned it past 9 o'clock....

It's really nice though... sexy...

3. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Do you mean the Hendrix amp? it's been out for awhile. It gets no press because it's $7k.

4. Ironman

Ironman Member

Yeah, there's a demo of it on youtube. Another bohemoth reissue from Marshall! Personally, I'm waiting for Marshall to wake up and reissue the Jubilee and not as a signature this time...HELLO!!! :rolleyes:

5. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

+1 That's what needs to happen.

6. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

I heard it's an amazing bedroom amp!

7. Ironman

Ironman Member

:rotflmao

8. NuSkoolTone

NuSkoolTone Member

I'm not a Marhsall Expert, but is this just one of the existing HW's With Jimi's Name slapped on it?

$7K? Jim Marshall himself better make it in MY Garage at that price.
    But hey that's from someone who can only afford one boutique $2500 class amp at a time.

9. BIGGERSTAFF

BIGGERSTAFF Member

It's different from the other handwireds, and is only being made in limited quantities. A little pricey for my budget, considering the other choices available.

10. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

I agree, though I have 2 Jubilee's now that are sitting at home going unused. :) I play my Matchless alot because I have a road case for it and it sounds great. But the Jubilee's are great amps and why I keep 'em around for my Marshall tones. :)

11. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

too loud for anything that i would ever be involved in, therefor, absoulutley useless.

12. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Very true... If I had too much money I'd buy one though, and a farm where I could dime it :RoCkIn In the meantime I'll make do with my 1974X...

Seriously, 7K is a little steep. Does that include both cabinets?

13. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

I remember diming an old JCM 800 in like 1991 outside across a valley and thinking it was the be all end all of guitar tones. Anyway...yeah 7k for a amp is too much. You could probably get the same amp from a boteeker and save yourself 4k. :)

14. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

Jimi used KT66's according to legend. I don't know what other differences there might be - if any.

15. gixxerrock

gixxerrock Member

And if any of the 2 Watt bedroom amp crowd disagrees, I challenge them to an amp shootout in their bedroom. ;)

16. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

Maybe we could put power scaling on it, and a variable wattage switch? That way in my bedroom I can drive it with my Klon, Eternity, Tim, Timmy, OCD, and [insert another controversial pedal here].

17. OUTLAW1969

OUTLAW1969 Member

+1 more.

Maybe then I could have a spare one, too. I treat my Jub like a small child in that I am ever mindful of it in public, due to the difficulty in replacing it.

:cool:

18. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

There's a ton of info at www.plexipalace.com. Do a search over there. Yes, it's sold as a full stack.

19. 900

900 Member

So then, what were the 30th annyversary, the DSL and TSL supposed to be.....;)

20. NuSkoolTone

NuSkoolTone Member

Well assuming the cabinets are made to the same standard, Figure $1k each
    and it just becomes a tad overpriced vs. Obscene.

Good to know!

I wonder what level of research/detail they did on these? I mean Marhsalls weren't exactly consistent back then. Did they have any special transformers made/re-created? Design to compensate for new production tubes or a Stash of NOS for this run? Did they culminate this to be a best of breed amplifier, or just a collector's showpeice to sit in the corner?

The collector's won't care, but for the players there are a LOT of great marshall clones out there to beat out several which are thousands less than what Marshall is asking...

Cool that Marshall is getting back to it's roots in the last couple of years with the HW series. Now if they would just make a kick-ass production amp that can HONESTLY cop all the old marshall tones ala Mesa Road King. The TSL IMO was NOT that amp, nor was the 30th anniv series. A minor thought on my end is they keep it looking "Old School". Meaning more like a plexi/JCM800 than the later years... I mean this is something a little too ambitous for the Boutique Builders, but I think marshall would have the Resources to pull it off!