• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

A New Straight Up Rock n' Roll Song

Bankston

From Danish rockers Volbeat.

I can't remember the last time I heard a sax solo and piano in a new rock song on the radio. Love it.

Volbeat is a cool band with a broad range from metal to punk to rockabilly/psychobilly to straight up rock n' roll.

This one is from a couple of years ago:

twinrider1

Many thoughts.
That was fun.
The least dangerous rock band ever.
If anyone ever does a modern Beach Blanket Bingo Grease movie, these guys should absolutely do the whole soundtrack.
I want to hear more from the second vocalist.

DirtLover

Silver Supporting Member
Volbeat's awesome. Great live band. Saw them with Anthrax a few years back and I thnk Caggiano, may have done double duty, or maybe I'm making that up. Anyway, it was awesome. Lead guy for Volbeat owes a lot to Johnny Cash.

That crunchy rhythm tone is pretty much perfect.

Strummerfan

I can't remember the last time I heard a sax solo and piano in a new rock song on the radio. Love it.

Volbeat is a cool band with a broad range from metal to punk to rockabilly/psychobilly to straight up rock n' roll.

Not bad at all. That sax and piano bit reminds me of Teenage Head. Good stuff.

stratadp

Volbeat is great. Almost the only thing I've listened to since first hearing them last October.

If you prefer harder/heavier stuff, their first few albums definitely have more of an edge to them. Lots of big, down tuned riffs.

Michael Poulson (band leader/founder/song writer) says the upcoming album will be their heaviest yet (he says that every album) and has some thrash/death metal type stuff mixed in.

Last edited:

Bankston

Volbeat's awesome. Great live band. Saw them with Anthrax a few years back and I thnk Caggiano, may have done double duty, or maybe I'm making that up. Anyway, it was awesome. Lead guy for Volbeat owes a lot to Johnny Cash.

That crunchy rhythm tone is pretty much perfect.
Good call. Poulsen sings like a crazy mix of Cash, Elvis and James Hetfield. They remind me of Social Distortion with a harder edge.

Volbeat was in heavy rotation on Satellite radio a couple of years ago. I wasn't sure I liked them enough to check out the albums. But I've really been digging into Nordic bands the past year and these two songs won me over.

My wife absolutely loves this band. We were supposed to go see them live in Vegas in March of last year. Unfortunately that got cancelled.

They have good songs. I like it.

chrisr777

Saw them as second bill at Knotfest a few years ago. Not sure how they fit. Their earlier stuff was kind of metal, but the later stuff is more rock. They just weren't as extreme as you would expect stuck after Behemoth and Gojira but before Slipknot. I enjoy them, but I do think Wait A Minute My Girl is way to similar to Last Day Under The Sun vocally.

jogogonne

Haha, the solo part absolutely sounds dated.

The rest of the song I like. Is this song popular now?

gennation

They both sound like the same song to me, like Foo Fighters or something. On the second song though…when the second singer comes in it sounds like Bachman Turner Overdrive.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom