A nice amp w/ verb, trem, OD, and effects loop: what pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wundergussy, Feb 22, 2012.

1. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

As I get closer and closer to a new amp, and pairing down my pedals as I won't need to rely on all of them, I've been wondering what's worth keeping. So, for those who have an amp with good verb, trem, a clean channel that can break up with dynamics and an OD channel with a good gain range, what pedals do you still use?

I'm thinking a phaser or vibe, a fuzz, and a delay in the loop should do it for me. Maybe a TS for mid-boost and a bit extra gain.

Any thoughts?

2. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

I have that amp, I suppose.

I use one drive pedal, a tuner and a delay. That's about it.

3. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

Is the OD to naturally drive the amp, or to add another flavor of drive to the clean channel?

4. hawes

hawes Member

I think what you listed above should cover it for you. I have a similar amp minus an onboard trem and still use a decent sized pedalboard. I feel that it allows me for greater changes on the fly than without having to tweak the amp for every song or so.

I run a compressor, fromel EQ, retrosonic chorus, diamond trem, diamond delay (I like the tap tempo the diamond has) and Wet reverb. The Wet reverb is different enough from the onboard tank my amp has that it is useful. I switch out a phaser or vibe every now and then. I also run a Timmy and a Rat for boosting the OD channel of my amp for higher gain sounds and different textures. I generally leave the amp set for low to medium gain. We play anything from 60's rock to modern stuff like Incubus.

5. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

I add another flavor of drive to the clean channel. Raggy-tweed sounding as opposed to Vox-y drive.