A Nonesuch Christmas

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by sixkids, Dec 19, 2009.

1. sixkids

sixkids Gold Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Hey Fellas,

This is a long shot, but have any of you guys come across a CD version of "A Nonesuch Christmas" ? Please get back to me if you have any info on the recording. Merry Christmas !!

All The Best !!
  2. Mac Daddy 355

Mac Daddy 355 MilkBone Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Hope you find your CD Tom
    Wishing you the very best , To you and your family , Happy Holidays :rockin
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  3. Scott Miller

Scott Miller Member

Oct 24, 2005
    There are some LPs of it on Amazon for about a million dollars. OK, 30 dollars. No mention of a CD, though, except occasionally you hear "Too bad it's not available on CD."

However, this is precisely the sort of out-of-print record that someone has probably ripped and is making available on some blog as MP3s, which can be turned into a CD...
  4. the nightfly

the nightfly Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see this reissued. As far as I understand, it was a compilation of tracks from albums Nonesuch licensed for U.S. distribution (including some where I think they decided to not put out the album, but only these tracks). In other words, Nonesuch never "owned" most of these recordings, but merely licensed them, and the licensing agreements have almost certainly long-expired. To reissue this, Nonesuch (or somebody) would have to reacquire the rights from a number of small European labels, some of which may no longer be in existence anymore, and the ownership of whose recordings may be a matter of some uncertainty. It's not unlike certain films that have yet to be released on DVD, mainly because the studio that made them folded and, after several acquisitions of the "intellectual property" of the defunct studio, no one is quite sure who holds the rights now -- except, in this case, you're talking about many such situations instead of just one.

While I've "ripped" one album (another Christmas one from Nonesuch, at that -- "Christemas in Anglia") from a cassette copy, I've still not attempted a vinyl rip...but, should I do so, this album would be a likely first candidate.
  5. nperess

nperess Member

Dec 14, 2010
    My sister Sue (affectionately called Sooz) and I compiled our own version of A Nonesuch Christmas from MP3s -- we call it A NanSooz Christmas. I'll be happy to send our Windows Media Player playlist to anyone who requests it via email. Then you'll have all the artist/album information you need to find and purchase the MP3s online, and burn your own CD.

BTW, there are a couple of extra Daniel Speer fanfares on our version -- they were too good not to include.

Best to all,

Nancy Peress
  6. jasustar

jasustar Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I own the original 1975 vinyl LP. 15 minutes ago I finished digitizing it. I digitized at 96,000 Hz with a 32-bit float. I could export it at 16-bit, 44,100 Hz PCM, but the file will be close to a GB in size. I could stuffit (or zip if your on a PC.
  7. pogodog

pogodog Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I have been looking for this record digitized for a while. how could you send a 1 gig zip file?