• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

A pedal that does Aerosmith?

stratplayer80

Looking for a pedal that does that 70's Aerosmith tone. I really like the tone from Train Kept A Rollin. Any thoughts?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
aerosmith were one of those bands where the guys used different guitars, amps and pedals for just about every song.

almost any low-gain pedal will get you there, just run it cleaner than you think you want to.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
There are dozens of "get you in the ballpark" options here, but a Barber Direct Drive is as good as any.

stratplayer80

aerosmith were one of those bands where the guys used different guitars, amps and pedals for just about every song.

almost any low-gain pedal will get you there, just run it cleaner than you think you want to.

Yeah I kinda figured that. Just looking for something that comes close. Would a Beano Boost do the trick?

todd richman

I would actually think a Colorsound Overdriver replica would work, ie. Pro Analog Power Driver. I remember Joe Perry describing his rig in the March 1979 Guitar Player and along with a slew of MXR pedals and DDL, he mentioned the Colorsound. That makes sense since they toured with Jeff beck in 1975 who was using one also.

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
Platinum Supporting Member
Tan and/or a converted black Ross Distortion got me there quite nicely.

todd richman

No Timmy back in the 70's though! Mostly MXR stuff and very loud and customized Music Man amps live and lots of old Marshalls in the studio.

eclipseall

Id go with the MXR Distoriton +, Distrtion III, just run them low gain. The bottom plexi channel of the DoubleShot will do that also.

Occam

Gold Supporting Member
I believe it's called a ****-ton of coke and groupies...that's the true origin of their tone.

Trending Topics