A Pedalboard To Make You Green With Envy - An Ode to SGFX

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Puns are the lowest form of humour. I know. And I’m sorry.

So, I’ll start off by saying that I’m not affiliated with or sponsored by SolidGoldFX in any way. I’ve just become a rabid fan!

It all started with their Zeta DLX Overdrive. I’ve tried more overdrives then I care to admit - and I continue to enjoy trying out new ones. The honeymoon period is now over and I have to say that I can’t get enough of my Zeta DLX. The versatility is fantastic! Normally I shy away from pedals with too many knobs/switches, but these controls are intuitive and I feel that I could get a great sound with this pedal regardless of the guitar/amp used with it (I love the Mids switch!).

Anyhow, after picking up the Zeta, I was very impressed and decided to try their Stutter-Lite. Things quickly avalanched from there! And apparently I have an affinity for all things green…

The Surf Rider III is my most recent addition and I’m really enjoying it. I like its ability to boost the amount of reverb with the second footswitch. Reverb (the Website/Company) does an excellent demo that illustrates how the Surf Rider can be used in conjunction with an expression pedal.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I’m loving all of my @SolidGoldFX pedals. I’ve never had a pedalboard so skewed towards one company before. I know SolidGoldFX has a strong fan-base - but I also sense that they are sometimes overlooked around here. If you’re curious about anything they make, I’d strongly recommend giving them a try - I’m thrilled with everything thus far. Excellent build quality and a great company to deal with!

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Love the Surf Rider and the Apollo is great as well!
The Surf Rider is a real standout to me. And I'm a fiend for pedals that emulate spring reverb. I don't have an expression pedal, but I'd like to pick one up so that I can try it with my SRIII.

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Hmmm... sage green Strat with a rosewood board? Yes, please.
I got it on clearance (NOS) when they began to blow out the American Standards (in preparation for the 'Professional' models). It's likely my favorite color combination (though I'm a sucker for LPB and rosewood too).

ryderuveze

Love the Stutter-lite, a very underrated pedal. One of the few stomps that simulates that deep, smooth bias tremolo. It seems most of the new releases are going for the Opto or the Valco, squarish sound.

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Love the Stutter-lite, a very underrated pedal. One of the few stomps that simulates that deep, smooth bias tremolo. It seems most of the new releases are going for the Opto or the Valco, squarish sound.
The Stutter-Lite shocked me by how good it sounds! I used to have amps with trem and I never used the trem all that much. I decided to try the S-L because I had space on my board (the goodness of the Zeta DLX allowed me to trim down my drive pedals). Anyhow, I enjoy setting the trem loud and deep for 'Rumble' - but what I really love is setting the speed and depth down low, making it very subtle, and it just adds such a great texture to my sound. Very nuanced!

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
And a big 'Thank You' to @SolidGoldFX !

They definitely do it up right! Excellent customer service - very responsive to all my monotonous questions regarding voltage ranges and mA draws...

And they were even so generous as to send me a nice T-Shirt!

vintagefox

I recently picked up the Surf Rider for the surf rock I've recently been getting into. Theres no "drip", but it definitely puts you in vintage/surf territory. Its also great for just something subtle.

Trending Topics