• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

A plugin for using IRs?

Tritone

Hi guys. I bought some impulse responses from Ownhammer and have been drag-and-dropping the raw .WAV files into Logic's Space Designer or whatever it's called. This works, but I get the feeling the interface could be a lot nicer. For example, the IR/cab simulator in S-Gear allows you to virtually mic 2 cabs per instance (as it is in Sound Designer I'd have to make two separate tracks), visually set the mic position, etc. Are there any standalone plugins for making IR interfaces cleaner, nicer, or easier? Any input appreciated.

The Opera Panther

Silver Supporting Member
What you're looking for is an IR convolver. There are a number of free and pay ones out there. I got one (can't remember the name right now) when I bought the IR package from Redwirez. Works just fine.

The Opera Panther

Silver Supporting Member
I think they sound great. I tend to stick with a few of the more classic choices, so I can't tell you much about the more metal examples. Recently, I got the Celestion Creamback IRs from Celestion, which are really nice.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom