• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

A Positive Word for USPS.

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know about anyone else, and I've had problems with their delivery times in the past, but for the last month or maybe even two, USPS packages have been arriving here before the initial estimated date of delivery.

As an example, I have a package which was originally scheduled for delivery on Monday, but whose delivery date was changed, a few hours ago, to today, and the tracking page shows it being out for delivery right now.

Insofar as they get a lot of stick here, I thought that I'd put in a good word for them. Because, as of late, they and their service deserve it.

Thanks, guys! Stay safe!

VooDooClown

Platinum Supporting Member
They lost six parcels of mine in the last two months. Only one has been found. Glad you're having good service, but personally I've never experienced such poor service from them as I have in the last couple of months. It's been beyond terrible.

Jonathan

They have snapped the last 2 fishing rods I've ordered. The first one, the delivery person admitted to intentionally folding the rod tube in half to make more room in her truck. I can't imagine what that scene looked like, given how heavy-duty those tubes are.

I've also had 2 packages lost in the past few months.

They consistently leave packages sticking out of the front of my mailbox because they're too lazy to get out and drop it off on the porch. I've also caught them throwing one of those "sorry we missed you" notes in my box so I would have to go pick it up at the annex - while I'm standing in the yard watching.

So no, I'm not a fan (at least of my local USPS delivery workers).

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
My service here has been pretty good, as of late. Packages are often arriving sooner than the estimated delivery date in the last month or two.

fitzo

Gold Supporting Member
I have been lucky that USPS is certainly as reliable as FedEx or Oops locally. Received a fuzz this week; shipped Tuesday afternoon from West Virginia and delivered Thursday morning to a Chicago suburb. That's as quick as ever.

Pity the postal service has so little consistency from zip code to zip code and so many customers have chronic lousy experiences. :(

Braciola

Gold Supporting Member
They lost a Bogner footswitch I shipped.
Tracking said it was delivered, but the buyer (a Gear Page member I trust) said it was not.
Tried to file a claim to no avail.
I had to buy a new footswitch from Bogner to have shipping to the buyer.
Thanks USPS.

coltonius

Señor Member
They lost a Bogner footswitch I shipped.
Tracking said it was delivered, but the buyer (a Gear Page member I trust) said it was not.
Tried to file a claim to no avail.
I had to buy a new footswitch from Bogner to have shipping to the buyer.
Thanks USPS.
There's supposed to be a GPS tag on the item's final destination scan. If it was delivered to the wrong address, the local office is responsible for investigating and finding the package. (It's happened to me a few times..)

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
USPS has been faster, cheaper, and more reliable for me than UPS or FedEx. I’ve shipped and received thousands of packages and only a handful got delayed (three of those were recent so I attribute it to the change in leadership back in June) and all arrived at the correct address.

Sometimes the recipient didn’t notice it or a roommate picked it up but I was able to confirm GPS location of the delivery scan by calling their local PO.

I do use UPS if I ship a large item like a guitar or amp however... they just seem more prepared for large items.

FOTM704

Silver Supporting Member
The USPS morons in my area have middle school educations at best and frequently drive with thumbs up their asses. Hate them.

adolan

They lost a package of mine that I sent someone in Long Island from the Bronx, was not too happy as it was some small art work and I had to re create it...forget about ever getting any money back from them BUT, since this is the 1st time ever, in my 25 yrs of shipping and receiving (used to be my job) something is lost I cant complain, plus it was like $100 worth of time. Pretty good odds for all those years...

That out of the way though, they have been showing up a lot sooner than later for deliveries so I cant complain overall, much better than UPS...Fed Ex seems still solid...tho they have their moments too :p

FOTM704

Silver Supporting Member
Currently waiting for a pedal that was claimed to have been delivered “In/At mailbox” today at 5:15pm, however our entire neighborhood didn’t even get regular mail/letters today for some reason. First time I’ve ever not had the mail be delivered.

MrFuzzTone

I have never had a problem with USPS. Got a lot of pedals through the mail and several guitars. Even an $8K guitar by overnight USPS.

fred_

I must say i have in the past had awesome experiences with USPS shipping. Prob sent over 40 parcels this year with nary a hitch. HOWEVER, the past 4 or 5 shipments have been delayed by a fair bit. It's a bit frustrating, but i guess understandable. I've done a few "where's my package" contacts with them through their site, and Always been contacted within 1 day and the problem resolved, but the delays are a bit weird of late. (no pun)

Before i found this thread i was going to initiate one of my own just to see what others thought! Looks like i am not alone!

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member
I'm very sorry to hear that some people are having problems with USPS, but that makes me even more grateful that the guys in my area are doing a good job.(And it's not as though I haven't had problems in the past, but lately, USPS have been doing very well.)

'90s Pacifica

I've gotta give Canada's postage service a wrap, whatever they're called..hang on, let me google the name. Oh, Canada Post.

I was terrified of my Ct5 being lost in international shipping to Australia. Took less than a fortnight. National postal services for the win!

gearitis

I live 40 miles from Los Angeles and a pedal that was sent to me from Los Angeles via Priority Mail seven days ago just finally showed up in online tracking and it is currently at a distribution center in New York.

Last month a package sent to me from Portland, OR via Priority Mail took 11 days to get to me. It traveled through Cincinnati and then Des Moines until it finally made it to the Los Angeles area. That definitely wasn't the straightest line between two points! The box arrived trashed, but luckily the contents were well packed and were fine.

And when packages do finally make to me, our mail carrier has recently started leaving them in the middle our walkway about 1/3 of the way from the sidewalk to our porch. It is about 30 feet from the sidewalk to the porch.

I'm not sure if they are new or are currently so overworked that they decided that it takes too long to go the whole way to the porch.

I found my KLON KTR sitting in the middle of the walkway last week and today a fairly expensive necklace that I bought my wife for our anniversary was also left on the walkway just a few feet from the street.

We have large pillars on our porch which are great for hiding packages behind so they can't be seen from the street. Since we moved here two decades ago, every carrier has automatically put packages behind them without it having ever been discussed.

I think that I'm going to need to catch our carrier, give them a Starbucks gift card and politely ask them to put packages behind the pillars on the porch!

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom