1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

A question concerning speakers...

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by rockinlespaul, Feb 20, 2005.

1. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

I've decided on two old pre rola greenbacks for my DSL401 and 1X12 extension cab. Can the speakers handle this? I realize utilizing only one that they probably can't, but I should be ok when using both right?

2. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Use them together and you're probably OK, but don't dime the amp with one... or it will smell funny all of a sudden... but it might sound REALLY GOOD for a very short time before the vapor cloud of melted voice coils hits you.

:D

3. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

You told me that already...lol.
    BTW...it smells funny when I dime it now.:D

4. Scumback Speakers

Really? You must have friends in LA, right? I know a couple guys here who think that's the right way to exercise their speakers... I bought some "smoking" speakers here recently from them.

You want the gas mask they gave me with the sale? :D

5. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

LOL....Too funny Jim. Na...I think I'll pass on the speaker guys....lol.

6. Scumback Speakers

Damn, I wish I could. I just got yet another email... sheesh... there's no end to that drug inspired drivel I'm afraid... good situation comedy material though... :rolleyes:

We could call it "Counterfeit Celestions", or "mrdelusional140490067" or something like that for the episode title...