• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

A question for rory gallagher fans

razeregal

I have listening to rory gallagher and taste the last couple of days obsessed
what a great player
what a well rounded player too
i got taste's on the boards from a friend
so what's next to buy
thanks

rickc007

Gold Supporting Member
What loofery said, and there's a DVD of that as well

Top Priority is one of my favorites Albums

There's a another DVD of his live performances
Well worth the price of admission

He's done a lot of great stuff
I have a boat load of bootleg stuff, so tryin to
recommend something is like....where do I begin

Mark Barratt

Gold Supporting Member
Live in europe
deuce
calling card
tattoo
live taste (live at montreux)
taste - live at the isle of wight

fruvai

Irish Tour '74
Rory Gallagher (Self Titled 1st album)
Deuce
Top Priority
Live in Europe

Rory Gallagher :bow:bow:bow:bow

rah3

razeregal,

Rory didn't make a bad record, although some are better than others.

Rory had several distinct periods -

- Taste
- Solo as a trio (Early)
- Solo with a quartet (Lou Martin on Piano and organ)
- Solo - Heavier trio (Later)

All had some great music. My favorite period was with keys - Blueprint, Tattoo, Irish tour 74, Against the Grain, Calling Card, Photo-finish

The Taste material is superb, as is his early solo trio work. Top Priority is blistering heavier record that has some excellent playing.

-RAH3

OminousPoultry

Silver Supporting Member
razeregal,

The Taste material is superb, as is his early solo trio work. Top Priority is blistering heavier record that has some excellent playing.

-RAH3
Top Priority/Jinx/Defender are probably the heavy period albums - 3 years later he recorded Fresh Evidence - Rory returns to his more bluesy side - it ranks amongst my favourites. Also check out the Rockpalast DVD - and the Live in Cork dvd is fantastic.

Last edited:

goodtone

Irish Tour, Live in Europe, and Top Priority is a good place to start. The Montreux video is cool too.

phatster

Sorry.....buy them all,but make it vinyl when possible! The comment about the different periods is right on!I particularly like the acoustic side of Rory,but the early Taste is so earthy and always honest.

BigAl

The three live discs get my vote: Irish Tour, Live in Europe, Stagestruck. I also like the Rockpalast DVD.

English Jim

Montreaux DVD has some great stuff. Love the first self titled Taste album. 'Live in Europe' great too. Some of the studio albums are a little iffy IMO - not usually his best stuff. Had greatest hits package last year assembled by his brother that was pretty good. Don't recall the title.

Trending Topics