A session in Nashville

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by T For Texas, Feb 22, 2012.

1. T For Texas

T For Texas Member

Last November I got a call to do a session for a Christmas project. It was a female singer I'd never met (Erica Lane). They asked me to play on two cuts on her Christmas CD. The songs where HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS and THE CHRISTMAS SONG. On those two, it was going to be just one track of guitar and her vocal.

I had one day's notice, so that night I got on line and got the chord changes for the tunes. These tunes have a lot of chord changes - and I wasn't sure what key she'd be singing in. So I stayed up late and spent a few hours scribbling down my short hand notes on various licks and ideas I could do on these tunes.

I got to the studio and met Erica and Bryan Lenox (who is currently working on Elton John's live project in Las Vegas) and we talked thru the songs and played around with then a bit in the control room to come up with the form & style to be used. Then I went into one isolation room and and she went into another and we did 4 takes of each tune and were done.

Here is a YouTube she uploaded of one of the songs.

http://www.masterguitarists.com/videodet.php?vid=36

I was happy with the tone of the guitar on the recording.

2. Paulo Grua

Paulo Grua Member

Beautiful arrangement, and great tone!