1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

A seventies style BT

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Reissueplayer, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Reissueplayer

Reissueplayer Member

I was inspired by Doug's clip the other day and I decided to try something similar. The end result is probably a bit off from the original idea but it's quite nice.

Here's the backing: http://hem.bredband.net/b265223/getting_decisive_bt.mp3

My take: http://hem.bredband.net/b265223/getting_decisive.mp3

The lead guitar is a Gibson LP and the second guitar is a Strat. Both were put through my Ceriatone Plexi 50W and recorded with a Palmer PDI09. The bass was put through NI guitar rig. No pedals were used, but I added reverb and delay in Cubase.

If you have any comments please write them down: Should you want to make a take of your own, I'd be thrilled.

Rock on! :JAM

2. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Cool playin' .... If I had a lighter, I would flick it and hold it in the air... by the way watch out 'fer the brown acid :)

Harry J

3. mikem

mikem Senior Member

I might have to take a stab at your backing track. I enjoyed your take a lot. This is the type of stuff I used to put together until I got into trying vocal music. It's nice to hear that someone is doing this kind of stuff. Well done!

Mike

4. Reissueplayer

Reissueplayer Member

Thanks guys, keep them lighters flickin'.

Looking forward to hearing you version Mike. Of course you should take a stab at it.

5. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Thanks for the way cool B.T.
    I posted my take seperately... This thread should be about you... nice stuff bud

Harry Jacobson

6. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Very cool, RP!!! This style brings back lots of memories to me!! I'll have to give it a try........ :)

7. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

Wow, I'm so glad I'm starting a 70's clip trend here,
    THAT is where the tone is!:RoCkIn
    (sorry for the rivet head smilie, all we gotz)
    BTW, love the clip

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Member

Well, on this one i think i fell off the cliche tree and hit every branch on the way down :) The Attack of the Paisley Tele!

Thanx for the BT, that was FUN! :D

9. Reissueplayer

Reissueplayer Member

You have to know the words if you're going to speak the language, so I always aim for the branches. Never seem to hit them quite as good as you do though :D Nice take there Anton. I've had it on repeat for a while. The link was a bit difficult to decipher, but i think it should be http://www.eddegenaro.com/Anton/DecisiveTele.mp3

10. Reissueplayer

Reissueplayer Member

Thanx Doug! You're so right. I'm just now starting to discover Mountain, Cream and Rainbow and I can't understand why it took so long for me to get there. But I plan on staying for a while.