A simple clean amp with reverb around $1500. Any ideas?

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Im looking for a 30-40 watt amp for nice clean tones in the $1500 price range. I searched for a bit but didn't come up with much so I figured I would ask around since I don't have much experience with this type of amp.

I've been playing a Heritage Briton II head and cab at a local store for a while and it sounds great but I kind of want reverb which the head doesn't have. I would prefer 6l6/6v6/el84 since el34s and I dont get along all that well. Doesn't need channel switching but it does need a good amount of clean headroom which is why I want at least 30 watts. Any ideas for nice bold cleans? Fendery or voxy would be sweet but Im not sure what to look for. School me!

Oh yeah, musical style varies a lot. Think soft clean music like Sigur Ros to jazz to simple arpeggiated melodies. Taking drive pedals well would be a plus.

trisonic

Check out Allen Amplifiers - the Accomplice comes in about $1,500 and is really good value considering the work David puts into it.

Best, Pete.

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Used Fargen Blackbird 30 or 40. Beautiful cleans with lots of headroom. Nice reverb--on the subtle side.
+1 here- specifically on the 4x6V6 30W version. The 40W uses 2x6L6 and has a bit more headroom, but the 30W has the nicest breakup right around noon on the vol. :BEER

theHoss

These are really killer. We played on at our CO tonefest a couple years back and it a great amp.

http://www.missionamps.com/aurora.shtml

aurora_r_s.gif

And the price is right. Give Bruce a call and I am sure he would be willing to answer any questions you might have.

slegros

Ampegs have an awesome clean, and an incredible reverb. 50w Reverborocket re-issues can be had for about $500. Have a listen to one!

Last Nerve

There is no magic tone in a decal.
Gold Supporting Member
WIMK,
If you liked the Heritage, I do have a Victory combo for sale.
You'd be really surprised by the headroom the JJ 6V6s have.

Donbo

Saw a silverface Vibrolux at Gruhn's this weekend for, I think, $1275. Looked very good shape and looked like orig speakers.

esoteric pete

Silver Supporting Member
ive seen used Carr ramblers around the $1500 mark and they are great amps with a beautiful clean tone and great verb.

FFTT

The VVT Amps Fralin or Blue Belaire and the Gries 35, both excellent choices
all hand wired with great build quality.

strat-rock

I saw a Heritage Patriot in the Emporium. Nice amp, great cleans, takes pedals well and smooth breakup if you push it. I'm loving mine.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
kingsley deluxe 50 is the best I've heard. You can find them used for somewhere around your range. Maybe a tad higher.

mbratch

A lot of great choices for $1500, as mentioned.

It wouldn't take long to find a Blackface Fender Twin Reverb for $1500. And an early silverface would be less. Arguably some of the best 6L6 clean/reverb sounds available, and will take any pedal you throw at it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom