• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

A Sneak Peek Inside the Eventide Labs - December 19th, 2016

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Got an email with a link to this but was more excited to see a new H9 MaxOut offer. Suddenly, I'm pretty close to a Max!

Mr2D

Got an email with a link to this but was more excited to see a new H9 MaxOut offer. Suddenly, I'm pretty close to a Max!
That offer is awesome - I'd have missed that if you hadn't said - I'm at 7 algos purchased on my Harmonizer, so that *should* mean I only need 3 more in January...

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
In particular, what does it mean that this "petal" is going to "do only one thing...in a rather interesting way"?

rck

Silver Supporting Member
Wow on all accounts! The "fruit algo" huh? it's at the 1:53 mark in OP original post.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I hope my current H9 purchases count towards the Max Out Promo.

The fruity also tease make me think of Eat a Peach.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I would like some new fficial Eventide assurance. Like if I already have 10 purchases on my standard, will I instantly qualify?

S. S. Bender

In particular, what does it mean that this "petal" is going to "do only one thing...in a rather interesting way"?
I thought the exact same thing. As dumb and as simple as this sounds, flowers in bloom was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard him say "Petal." Many of us up here in this joint, (Myself included) use the word "Bloom" like it's an entry in a free contest to spend "happy time" with the best-looking naked women on the planet. I overuse the word when describing reverb, delay, and gain-based effects. Does this "Petal" fall into one the aforementioned categories? Since I'm almost always wrong when speculating on this type of stuff, I'm going to say probably not...

However, if this new Eventide "Petal" has managed to capture the elusive true ambient cloud of an "Attack-free delay without obvious distinguishable trailing repeats," I would predict per unit sales in the many tens of thousands... :D

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
The page mentions the new offer but is ambiguous because it states the current algo purchase count of 20 (standard) or 30 (core). The email states half the required number of purchased algos...

:dunno :munch

Additional Details
  • All past algorithm purchases count towards your upgrade.
  • If you have already purchased the required number of algorithms your upgrade is ready. To activate, go to H9 Control > Settings > Restore Purchases

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-maxout-program

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
I thought the exact same thing. As dumb and as simple as this sounds, flowers in bloom was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard him say "Petal." Many of us up here in this joint, (Myself included) use the word "Bloom" like it's an entry in a free contest to spend "happy time" with the best-looking naked women on the planet. I overuse the word when describing reverb, delay, and gain-based effects. Does this "Petal" fall into one the aforementioned categories? Since I'm almost always wrong when speculating on this type of stuff, I'm going to say probably not...

However, if this new Eventide "Petal" has managed to capture the elusive true ambient cloud of an "Attack-free delay without obvious distinguishable trailing repeats," I would predict per unit sales in the many tens of thousands... :D
I'm calling this a really good teaser video!!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
The page mentions the new offer but is ambiguous because it states the current algo purchase count of 20 (standard) or 30 (core). The email states half the required number of purchased algos...

:dunno :munch

Additional Details
  • All past algorithm purchases count towards your upgrade.
  • If you have already purchased the required number of algorithms your upgrade is ready. To activate, go to H9 Control > Settings > Restore Purchases

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-maxout-program
Thanks for following along.
I understand the current terms, but understand the terms of the promo may be different. It matters a bit. I am at 7 purchases with at least 2 planned in the future and iTunes cards armrest buy one get one 20% off at Target right now.

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for following along.
I understand the current terms, but understand the terms of the promo may be different. It matters a bit. I am at 7 purchases with at least 2 planned in the future and iTunes cards armrest buy one get one 20% off at Target right now.
Sorry if that popcorn came off as dismissive! I'm with you. I have a standard and have bought 4 algos. I was planning to buy four more, maybe five, but no way was I going to buy 16. Now I'm thinking I'll almost certainly buy six!

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
If you can find a deal on a standard, it also might work out well. Huge deal for anyone who's been staring up Max Mountain saying, "Well, uh, nope."

I'm dreading the H9000, back to topic, because it's likely to be a really good thing. My only save is that I have so little inclination to rack gear.

I found it odd that they chose to feature effect chains in the teaser, as that's not exactly cutting edge and I would expect it on any unit in this class.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
I found it odd that they chose to feature effect chains in the teaser, as that's not exactly cutting edge and I would expect it on any unit in this class.
It's a huge departure for Eventide, though. The VSIG-editable units (including the DSP4000 family, DSP7000 family, Orville, H8000) are all set up to be blank canvasses, upon which you build algorithms using DSP building blocks. The building blocks range from fairly atomic blocks to fairly complex things like reverbs. You build the UI you want, and setup the various internal bypassing, mixing, control routing. You can make extremely complicated, and very unusual, algorithms this way. It's a very cool way to look at effects, but it's not for everyone.

This is pretty far removed from something where you place several "virtual pedals" in chains.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom