A Sonic Pool Party

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by cramnaej, Aug 26, 2006.

1. cramnaej

cramnaej Member

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=591770

Check out Benefactor, a guitar/drum piece tracked in one day with John Czajkowski (end-of-day-mix). Be quick or slow to judge. Segmented into fourths to fit on soundclick. Also, if you're an Egnater fan, you'll listen.

Thanks! Being in your presence inspires me.
    Jean-Marc

2. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Hey youngsters, I

'm glad you posted this here for all the geezers to check out what is coming out of the heads of some of today's teenagers!

Hey old farts (I am proudly a member of this group too),

These 2 kids won a day at my studio to track their prog tune's guitar and drum tracks for doing a great job at a show my AP Music Theory class hosted at our high school. Of course, my band roared through a set along with this student duo and a student screamo band. Darren DeBree, the HWM drummer and I ran a clinic that afternoon on metric modulations in HWM and other compositions. It was a great day/evening and these guys really played well.

In the studio, I was really impressed with how prepared they were. There are very few edits in the tune. The tracks are pretty much one contiguous take - just like all my band's stuff...cough, cough. Uh, ya, anyway...the only bummer about the session is they made me pay for my own lunch at La Salsa in Coronado. Tightwad students. Jeeeez...

Like he said, the guitar is tracked using my Egnater M4 Erect channel. They really need to put a bass down too. Unfortunately, the drummer is using a very unspectacular kit with the deadest heads I have ever heard. Damn. I was hoping Darren would let the drummer play his gucci Gretsch kit. No luck.

3. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

I just listened to the first track and that was great...****
    was locked and kicking...Very cool of John C to do this......
    Props dude!

4. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks Sub-D. The kids really deserved it. It was really fun to not be recording my music for a change.