A Speaker Mix So Magical, it's Worthy of it's Own Thread......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Braciola, May 23, 2018.

1. Buckeyedog

Buckeyedog Supporting Member

I get mine on Wed and will put them in my Germino open back 212.

Braciola likes this.
  2. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

I'm sure the G12-35xc will sound warmer when it breaks in BUT I will say right out of the box it's the airiest hi-end of any speaker I've owned and that's many many. It just has this crystaline/airy hi-end that is unique to me. Either way, very nicely matched speakers for sure. :) p.s. I was saving the G12-35xc in case I needed a different speaker in a 1x12 combo for a lower wattage amp but I just don't have any needing them, but I'd try it in a heartbeat if I still had my 1961 Brown Deluxe, and I bet guys would like them in Deluxe Reverbs. I'm a big Cannabis Rex fan for that type of amp too , but it's a very different speaker for different tones.
    Eric

3. louis

louis Supporting Member

Yes !!!!........I remember not long ago when the Friedman BE Deluxe came out , none of the professionnal made demo’s honored the amp ,...but someone here made an awesome demo with his Iphone and it felt like if we were in the room with him but don’t remember who it was !!

Here’s a crappy clipping Iphone demo I’ve done with a crappy $200 Solid State amp and a crappy $150 Dillion P90 guitar !!....Into an awesome 4X12 loaded with GH12 Pre Rola’s :D

4. KissTone

KissTone Supporting Member

I wasn't even aware of the G12-35XC . . . so thanks for the heads-up!

Braciola likes this.
  5. sheikyerbouti

sheikyerbouti Supporting Member

I hate to order 2 new speakers with so many hanging around. Is there anything similar to the Celestion G12H30 Anniversary? If I'm going to spend $150, I'd rather buy a Scumback.

6. Buckeyedog

Avatar Speakers has their broken in version for $119 shipped I think. It's the 30 watt Hellatone. Just the H30 broken in by them and they put their sticker on the magnet. Plus search around, you can find a used one most likely. Avatar also has the 35XC for that price too. Cheapest around.

Matter of fact, I picked up two Hellatone 30's. So if I don't use the other one for my 412, I'll likely sell it for like $70 or something.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  7. Braciola

Braciola Silver Supporting Member

Yup.
    Also, (as I mentioned in post #24) Dave has some 8 ohm G12H30 Anniversaries that are Made in England!!!
    Just ask for the Hellatone, and you could even request they leave the stickers off.
    He will also break-in the 35XC for you at no extra cost.
    I paid $119 for each speaker....... That's a great price!

While I had Dave on the phone, I spoke to him about this mix, and how good it sounded.
    I even sent him a link to this thread, as he said he visits The Gear Page and is a member.

Maybe I should name this speaker mix "The Braciola Special" this way, you can order it by name! :D

skhan007 and Matteo11 like this.
  8. Buckeyedog

Crap, didn't think about the break in for the 35XC!! Oh well, guess I"ll have to whack on it with the plexi!!!!!

9. Buckeyedog

OK, so it's a very nice mix indeed. 35 not even broken it and yet it already sounds really good. Nice balance all the way around. Going to keep beating on them for a while.

Braciola likes this.
  10. Buckeyedog

OK, so pulled the H30 and put in a V-Type with the 35XC and it's also really nice. That 35 is a really nice speaker. Going to swap around a bit. I really like both these mixes with Marshall Plexi type tones.

Braciola likes this.
  11. Buckeyedog

Got the H back in. Really good stuff.

Braciola likes this.
  12. Matteo11

Matteo11 Supporting Member

$119 a speaker and broken in for free? That is a really good price!!

Buckeyedog and Braciola like this.
  13. Braciola

Okay, it's been a while .......... anyone else had a chance to try this mix?

14. EL34

EL34 Silver Supporting Member

I don’t own any H30’s any more, but I’ve recently mixed the 35XC with a Badcat speaker. Holy crap, what a great combo! It kinda has that dry vintage mid forward tone that I really dig.

Braciola likes this.
  15. Stormin

Stormin Supporting Member

Been waiting to find a used 16 ohm XC. Already running a Greenback / Anniversary pair with my Club 40 and Germino 212 so I’m halfway there at the moment.

Braciola likes this.
  16. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

I’ve been using the G12H30 /Alnico Blue combo for over 10 years in both open and closed back 212 cabs. Fred from D13 amps turned me on to this combo and I’ve never looked back!

@Braciola - have you tried this combo and if so, what do you like better in the G1235xc? I play the same style music as you, so you’ve piqued my curiosity!

17. yfeefy

yfeefy Member

I am using g12h30 (anny) and celestion A for a while, I really like it with 1987 style amp + pedals --> for light to heavy distortion. Not super tight but enough - big swirling sound. Now I wanna try the x35

18. Braciola

Yep, it took me awhile, but I tried every combination.
    I wish I had taken notes because there were so many.
    I remember that a very good sounding combination, however as soon as I heard the G12-35XC mixed with the H30 Anniversary, that was it......... just magical!
    No two speakers that I've mixed ever sounded so good together.
    All's I can say is just give it try.

19. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

Will do! It'll be painful to remove that coveted Celestion Blue, as it's down right Heavenly sounding. I'm always up for trying something new/better, however!

Braciola likes this.
  20. Braciola

I have a Germino Club 40, and the G1235XC / G12H30 Anniversary mix sounds killer with it.

Stormin likes this.