A thing I love about this forum

Average Joe

Is that it inspires me to listen to different music than if I was left to my own devices. I've lost count of the players, acts, artists I've first heard about on TGP. Between us, we're a pretty knowledgable bunch with a wide range of listening tastes and influences.

But it also extend to music I strictly speaking already know. The Santana thread today is a case in point - I know his music very well, but I doubt I've listend to one of his album for at least a year. That thread make me put on some Carlos, and enjoy what he had to offer - something I wouldn't have done today without it. And this is something that happens all the time.

I learn about, reacqauint myself with and enjoy a greater variety of music because of TGP

Waylander

Happened just a few days before in the Tears For Tears thread. Really nice that people remind each other of forgotten treasures.

micycle

I love that about it, and especially love the no politics/religion rule. I wish that could be implemented on pretty much every social networking platform on the internet (I'm looking at you in particular, overly-passionate-about-your-politics Facebook users).

Trending Topics