• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

A Treble Booster that Works Behind a Buffer?

alivegy

Hey Guys. In the never ending quest for tone I'm starting to wonder down the path of the treble booster. I play mostly strats into a 65 bassman and use a Menatone KOTB for most of my overdrive and crunch needs. I typically use a wireless system so I need a good boost that works well behind a buffer. Any suggestions? I will mostly be driving the KOTB with the booster but I'll experiment with just boosting the bassman on it's own as well. I currently boost it with either the onboard boost or a ts to really push it over the edge but was thinking that a treble booster might work well to add some extra flavor also. Especially if I pick up my Les Paul.

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
Any transister based booster...Rangemasters, LPB-1, Time Machine, etc, etc, etc will not want a buffer between them and your guitar...hate to be that way but it's the nature of the beast.

Primakurtz

Behind a buffer or in front of one? Either way, my Aramat seems happy following my Doobtone. I think it is a different germainum transistor than the OC44 types. Sounds wonderful.

alivegy

I hadn't heard of Aramat. It looks like the builder passed away at 34. Man that's young. Thank you for the info so far everyone, the treble booster will be after the buffer in the chain.

Trending Topics