A used Gibson les paul studio 50's tribute on Elderly's site for $650

indravayu

They could ask for more cash, I think. I saw a (barely) used one at a local shop selling for around $1150!

tapeworm

not an LP guy but this is very tempting, cheapest ive seen these is 750-800 range, i dig the white also...

Last edited:

RedTiger

They could ask for more cash, I think. I saw a (barely) used one at a local shop selling for around $1150!
Elderly is weird with their prices, sometimes. It's like outside of vintage guitars and high-end American-made guitars, they don't have a lot of experience with how much they could charge for stuff. :dunno Maybe they're just trying to be really fair.

buckwild

Platinum Supporting Member
Elderly is weird with their prices, sometimes. It's like outside of vintage guitars and high-end American-made guitars, they don't have a lot of experience with how much they could charge for stuff. :dunno Maybe they're just trying to be really fair.
yeah you are right. It's way strange over there. They are charging 2700 for a G0 LP, which is a bit on the high side. and I don't think they negotiate much

rockinlespaul

I just took back the 50's Les Paul Jr. mutt they have for $2750.00

Bought it for $2400.00, it was NOT as described...said it had the original P90 in it...now they want $350.00 MORE for it and its still got the same pup!

FWIW...I told them I could get a proper 50's P90 for $350.00. Weird....:nuts

I'll NEVER buy there again.

stevieboy

Halfvaxed member
Gold Supporting Member
As I recall the Goldtops were in big demand, the others all sold too, but more slowly, and weren't the hot item many people were going nuts about getting, and getting all anxious when the flood delayed the release. Maybe this is just an extension of that, and if it was a Goldtop it would be priced a lot higher.

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
Don't get it. They have one of these at the local Guitar Center. Ugly and it feels like it was finished with a spray paint can.

Knuckles

Their thinking (for the most part) is "why ask more and let the instrument sit unsold when it could be turned quicker for a reasonable price".

hank

$650 is still too much for a used Studio like this, imo. Gibson was selling them in their Memphis store for $850 new. I was there and saw them.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
That LP happens to be "on consignment" so that might explain the lower price tag.

cpricecpa

A used guitar for $650 that normally sells for $850. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to comment about.

hag99

Most people on this site try and sell these guitars for considerably more than this. Not sure why anyone is willing to buy them (maybe they aren't).

hag99

Don't get it. They have one of these at the local Guitar Center. Ugly and it feels like it was finished with a spray paint can.
Sorta agree with this as well. I know this is cheap for a USA Gibson, but come on. Still considering one as a P90 guitar; not sure what that says about me or the fact that they sound pretty good.

rabbuhl

BTW, I own a Worn Honey Burst Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute. I absolutely love mine!!

stevieboy

Halfvaxed member
Gold Supporting Member
$650 is still too much for a used Studio like this, imo. Gibson was selling them in their Memphis store for $850 new. I was there and saw them.
But you do have to take into account that it was a limited run and you can't get them new anymore, and it also won't be that easy to find a used one.

They aren't the greatest P90 LPs, but 650 bucks all things considered and compared doesn't seem like a bad price to me for what it is.

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
Sorta agree with this as well. I know this is cheap for a USA Gibson, but come on. Still considering one as a P90 guitar; not sure what that says about me or the fact that they sound pretty good.
I have an SG Classic and it is a fantastic guitar. USA made, nice finish, great sounding P-90s, neck binding, very lightweight (~~ 6 1/2 lbs), fat neck, plays like butter, excellent factory setup and only $1000 new. I got mine as a Musicians Friend 'scratch and dent' for considerably less. The box was factory sealed and the guitar was flawless. People complain about the bright whiteness of the binding, but I've had mine for 3 1/2 years and it's darkening up. The tuners also get complaints, but they look great on this guitar and work well.

There was one in the Emporium the other day for $650. At that price, you can't go wrong.

But, SG are not Les Pauls and if you must have a P-90 Les Paul...

Like 'em or not, the last thing one can truthfully say about Elderly is "they don't have a lot of experience" in anything concerning gtr retailing! They have been successfully in the gtr selling game since Christ was a cowboy!

MikeVB

Silver Supporting Member
Like 'em or not, the last thing one can truthfully say about Elderly is "they don't have a lot of experience" in anything concerning gtr retailing! They have been successfully in the gtr selling game since Christ was a cowboy!
+1. They're good guys. Bought a lot of gear from them over the years via mail and web. Never had anything but outstanding customer service either.

rockinlespaul

I've been watching them slowly go down the last few years. This past recent experience was not the first one but it will be the last!

Trending Topics