AAAARRRGGGGHHH! Help!

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Red Planet, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Anyone have any experience with a Sony RCD-W500C ?

Just got this thing and I cant make it record. Its supposed to record CD-R and CD-RW discs.

It plays back fine but wont Record. I'm usind Deck B and selecting Anolog Input but dont get anything. No Level NOTHING.

The Menu just keeps displaying Blank Disc.

I'm using a CD-RW. Is it possable to use the wrong kind of Disc? I notised the manual says use Audio Discs the Discs I bought dont say Audio but say Digital CD-RW?

I dont know what I'm doing wrong. :confused: Help Plaese!

My souce is coming from the output on my DA-88 into my board then going out my board into the Sony.

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

You need to press the record button in order to monitor the input source. If you're still not getting any sound, check the connections and volume levels. And it does look like you need to use "audio" cd-r discs, which are 10x more expensive but give it try with a data cd-r just to be sure.

3. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

I'm not getting anything. Maybe it is the Disc. I'm using CD-RW discs but they dont say Audio and the book shows them saying

compact disc Digital Audio ReWritable

The Disc I got say

compact disc ReWritable

I dont know what the difference would be though.

When I push record according to the the manual I should get a level then but I dont get anything. Come to think of it when I push record it reads Data Disc for a moment then Blank Disc and does nothing. I'll stop by the place I got it and look again at the Disc.

4. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

So what happens when you try using the right kind of disk, as was already suggested?

5. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Dah. That was it. I wouldnt know one Disc from another.

The Doofess at Circuit City sold me the wrong Discs. They must say Audio on em to work in this unit and maybe all of em.

I went back found a Manager there today and he said the Audio Versions have an Imbeded Tax for Digital Piracy built in. He says they figure if your buying them your gonna duplicate someones music unlawfully. That really sucks cause I'm gonna duplicate me (which some might argue aint a good thing but nonetheless).

Any way I tried it and it works now. I cant help it I'm an old Reel to Reel Dinosaur. :D