1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aardvark Q10 drivers conflict with windows media player problem.

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by straticus, Jun 9, 2005.

1. straticus

straticus Member

Hi,

I recently did a complete re-install of WinXP Home due to some pretty major issues. I took my time re-installing my different software to see if there were any conflicts. Here's one that popped up.

Immediately after installing the drivers for my Aardvark Q10 the Windows media player would take a full 40 seconds to play anything. Before the Q10 drivers were in-stalled WMP would start play back of an MP3 immediately. After the Q10 driver in-stall I get a message saying "loading media file" that would last 40 seconds or so before starting play back.

I like listening to amp and music clips through WMP so this is kind of a pain. Any ideas what the problem might be?

2. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

I've had consistent trouble with the Aardvark drivers when using WMP. The 7.13 drivers will crash and have to be reinstalled everytime I use WMP to play cds or mp3s. I finally became so tired of it I switched back to the 7.08 drivers, and not without incident. If I use WMP with the 7.08 drivers the sample rate is switched to 32K in the Aardvark console, and has to be changed back to 44.1 for DAW work.

I always experience a pause while the media is being loaded, up to 30 seconds or so before playback starts, and that's with a wireless connection.

3. straticus

straticus Member

Thanks for the reply Tim.

I'm using the 7.00 drivers that came on the install CD. The strange thing is that I didn't have this problem before I did the re-install of XP.

Have any good Aardvark forums popped up since Aardvark went under?

4. straticus

straticus Member

Hmmmmmm, I just re-read your post. Do you still get the delay in WMP with the 7.08 drivers?

I have to set the Q10 console sample rate to 32k or it won't work with Samp Pro.

5. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

There was a site that had the last two driver versions for download, but it appears to be down.

There is a Google Group that has the 7.04 (I called them 7.08--that was incorrect) and 7.13 drivers for download in the file section.

I would use the 7.04 drivers at the very least. The 7.13 drivers are ASIO only, but support hyperthreading for the Intel processors.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/aardvarkpro/

6. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

I was using a dial-up connection that took 3-5 minutes to download an mp3, so the delay was substantial. After switching to wireless internet the delay is negligible.

There is also a slight delay when playing a cd, but given there is no direct connection between the Q10 and the cd rom, a slight delay is understandable.