• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

AB switcher for a line level based setup, separate loop output

kruts

Here's my setup:

Suhr SL68 -> Suhr Reactive Load -> TC Hall of Fame (mono in/out) -> "XXXXXX" -> Matrix GT1000FX -> (out1) -> guitar cab 1 and (out2 from Matrix) -> guitar cab 2

For the XXXXXX above, I would like to have a looper pedal (like TC Ditto), and I'd like to have the loop output without my live sound going to one of the inputs of the Matrix power amp to feed a cabinet. I'd like to hear my looper output only in guitar cab 1 and do not want to hear my live sound through guitar cab 1. I want to hear my live sound only in guitar cab 2 and do not want to hear the looper output in guitar cab 2.

Summary:
guitar cab 1 (loop output)
guitar cab 2 (live sound)

I basically want to separate my live sound from the looper sound. Does this make sense? I'm thinking sonically this separation into 2 cabinets would be like I'm jamming with a buddy who brought his own identical setup, rather than 2 guys sharing a single cabinet.

How can I accomplish this? I'm dealing with line level signals (4-5dbv) from the Suhr RL. Do I need a ISO buffer? Do I need an ABY switcher? Can I use the TC Ditto? Should I be looking at a looper pedal with 2 outputs?

I don't want to degrade the sound. Please suggest solutions with actual product brand names, and whether I need to consider ground issues/phasing/etc.

Thanks!

DaveKS

Just use the stereo outputs of the HOF, put mono looper on one side going to one cab and set to full wet. Digitech Jamman Stereo has a dry kill function.

kruts

Just use the stereo outputs of the HOF, put mono looper on one side going to one cab and set to full wet. Digitech Jamman Stereo has a dry kill function.
I see. I would need to find a looper with a mix knob that goes from dry to full wet. The TC ditto doesn't have this. I'll check the digitech jamman unit. Thx!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom